Memphis Broadcast (1 Viewer)

y'all?
Is that globally everyone?
Good thing you are really cute because this response could have been far more in depth.

I knew what you meant, Kelly. Don't let those less than cultured folks mess with you. Ya'll just don't understand. Like riding a Harley, If I have to explain it, you won't understand. Grits too.

LOL... :D

crap crap crap crap crap. I set the vcr but ours has this weird programming way and the year ended up changing. So I am ready for whatever will be on espn2 NEXT FLIPPIN YEAR!!!!!

Oh well maybe I can remember to tape the repeat show, if I can remember its 2006 and not 07

do they show any interviews? With Hillary being a first time finalist I was curious with what she had to say

Hillary was interviewed after her semi's win. She gave the team credit and said she wished Ken Black was there.....first race he's missed all year. She seemed pretty calm, cool and collected to me. :)

I watched it this morning while I was getting ready.....wish I could do that when it's on late Sunday nights, but I can't ever wait. Last night was the exception. I was dog tired at midnight.

Yes Hillary did get an interview, most of the winners did. But as soon as the interview's were over, the next pair was already staging.;)

I forgot to compensate (bloody TiVo should do it for me) for the 1 hour east/central difference and only got the 4 finals, seeing as all of my fav's won I didn't mind much!!

Now that's the Kind of Broadcasting I like! Non-stop racing, one after another.

You are absolutely right Joe, that was great!! Nothing but racing.
They did the interviews & then got right back to the next pair.

I went to work last night and 9 pm, so I just watched the tape & I might watch it again today it was so good.:)

Damn it I fell asleep and it was only 10 PM when it aired.:(
Did they announce any reairing of the 1 hr show? :confused:

From NHRA......
O’Reilly Mid-South Nationals
August 18-20
Memphis, TN
08/22/2006 Eliminations 01:00 AM - 02:00 AM ET (ESPN2)
08/27/2006 Repeat Eliminations 03:00 AM - 04:00 AM ET (ESPN2)
08/27/2006 Repeat Eliminations 04:00 AM - 05:00 AM ET (ESPN2)

From NHRA......
O’Reilly Mid-South Nationals
August 18-20
Memphis, TN
08/22/2006 Eliminations 01:00 AM - 02:00 AM ET (ESPN2)
08/27/2006 Repeat Eliminations 03:00 AM - 04:00 AM ET (ESPN2)
08/27/2006 Repeat Eliminations 04:00 AM - 05:00 AM ET (ESPN2)

Thanks Kelly! :)

The one hour show was plenty. They actually showed just racing and a few winners interviews not all other baloney which just adds time and no value.

A 1 1/2 or two hour show would be plenty when including first round coverage. Since the ratings are in the tank it should be obvious that including all the fluff doesn't draw additional racing fans and in fact turns off a few (like me). This was the first race I taped which I could watch without having to use the VCR time skip function to eliminate the mindless filler material the shows usually include.

The one hour show was plenty. They actually showed just racing and a few winners interviews not all other baloney which just adds time and no value.

A 1 1/2 or two hour show would be plenty when including first round coverage. Since the ratings are in the tank it should be obvious that including all the fluff doesn't draw additional racing fans and in fact turns off a few (like me). This was the first race I taped which I could watch without having to use the VCR time skip function to eliminate the mindless filler material the shows usually include.

Something NHRA & ESPN should consider. They can give us all the fluff during NHRA2day or something like that.

Everybody send emails...
we can atleast imagine that they'd listen to us, right?
:)

I agree, last night's show was Great! Non-stop action, every time they broke from a driver interview they had the next pair staging! I Tape all the 3 hr. programs anymore, the Commercial breaks kick my ass!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back