Melanie Troxel? (1 Viewer)

The same thing is true for Floppers though ain't it??? Even so, I think they make more power now then they did in 1996 with no limit on nitro percentage. The same night the dragsters went 4.50s, Force went 4.88. That would not get you in to many shows now days. I know other things have changed, and the funny bodies have come a long way since then.

I am just not impressed with a team of that caliber running 4.67.

I know, if it was easy, everybody would be doing it....:eek:

Ok I will bite:

"they were running on 100% without a rev limiter on tires that were somewhat predictble. One more time - something is going on with fuel cars that no one is revealing."

What????? :confused:

jim

I have had a number of conversations about this with my brother (of it takes a thousand things going right to get these cars down the track and only one going wrong to prevent it fame). It seems like his opinion is that it is a combination of all the items mentioned (%, tire, rev limiter and track prep). The track prep issue is like hitting a moving target as they change what they are doing race to race and even session to session. Factor in that the track temps are really getting high and it is a real challenge.

Summer time is crew chief time......................:)

Did not mean to imply that 4.67 was a great number, its not anymore. But that was only 1/00 sec. from making the show. In a race a good driver with a super reaction time can make up for it. But that won't help in making the field of 16.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back