Melanie Troxel? (1 Viewer)

Jet

Nitro Member
Okay, a little help here please.

1. Who owns her team? Is it Evan Knoll, Morgan Lucas or still Shoemacher?
2. How did she get hooked up with Lucas?
3. Did anybody else hear Paul Page say she was unhappy with the wholesale change to her deal (rightly so by the way)
4. How long is signed for?

It seems like a rollercoaster ride for her after last year with the car plummeting to the bottom and she doesn't have control over the brake!

Evan owns the team, he and Forrest Lucas are friends and hooked up. I believe that while Evan owns the team Lucas manages both of them.

Yes If I were her I would be mad as hell for getting my crew swapped.

I feel for her in this deal. Maybe Morgan should have let Rahn Tobler hit his stride and just leave her team as it was.

Thev Morgan Lucas problem is pulling Melanie down like a BIG ANCHOR !!
IMHO......a sad situation......:(

Please keep in mind that teams don't make these kinds of changes without a VERY good reason. And, just perhaps some crew chiefs are not all they've been cracked up to be. Perhaps some have inflated successes that weren't totally theirs.

IMHO Rahn was not given a chance to switch Morgan's car over to a combination that he wanted to run. Maybe they are trying to run both cars the same, and they thought he didn't fit their plans. Maybe Morgan or Evan can chime in here.

I wouldn't include Rahn Tobler in that group.

The team press release said they released Rahn when he was going a different direction with the tune-up than what the team thought they should go. I'm just wondering if a different direction isn't what the team needed.

The team press release said they released Rahn when he was going a different direction with the tune-up than what the team thought they should go. I'm just wondering if a different direction isn't what the team needed.

You said what I think I was trying to spit out. At this point I would almost say a drastically different direction is needed. I am by no means a crew chief, but Morgan needs a turnaround. I really thought he would have been more competitive already.

You said what I think I was trying to spit out. At this point I would almost say a drastically different direction is needed. I am by no means a crew chief, but Morgan needs a turnaround. I really thought he would have been more competitive already.

Truth is we don't know what was going on. There is a lot of talent over there and I'm sure they will figure it out.

One prominant team owner told me a long time ago they struggled and struggled for a while after getting a new driver. They changed everything from the weight bar to the wheelie bar on the car. Come to find out, the driver was pushing down very slightly on the throttle in order to get a quick reaction time as the car was being staged. That moved of the barrell valve was just enough to screw up the fuel system and enough to make the car unpredictable.

It doesn't take much.

The sad part is I have her picked to win this week, and with all the screwing around, well you know what I mean... I'm gonna stick with her in my pick...but its a tough call... :(

Two races since the big "fix". 8th and 17th. 16th and 17th............
Kinda makes you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmm:confused:

Evan owns the team .

Lucas owns all the hardware , the only thing that came over from the Shoe deal was an empty trailer, everything was purchased new . The car is sponsored by Evan ,and Melanie's salary is paid by Evan.

The plan has alway been to run the two cars with the same combination (Hogan's) to gain data as was done at Shoe's with Allen's program. Ronnie didn't follow the plan,so he is gone, same with Rahn , John leaving was a mistake, and to Mr.Lucas & Evan's credit , that was recognized so now he is back. :)

The current tire is not easy to run on a hot track, if they could have gained more data earlier this season by running the two cars the same, they would be ready for summer,now they have to play catch-up.

As the old saying , "If burning Nitro was easy ,everybody would do it".;)

With all the changes that they have made so far and with no results is it possible that the car is just a dud/lemon? It'd be expensive but maybe dropping everything and starting over would help.

I'm sure it must be frustrating for them.

John leaving was a mistake, and to Mr.Lucas & Evan's credit , that was recognized so now he is back. :)

As the old saying , "If burning Nitro was easy ,everybody would do it".;)

As a famous reporter said once, the Karma train will get you..........
My guess is that if Amato even follows this any more, he finds this situation quite amusing:cool:

train kept a rollin......all night long

With all the changes that they have made so far and with no results is it possible that the car is just a dud/lemon? It'd be expensive but maybe dropping everything and starting over would help.

I'm sure it must be frustrating for them.

I don't think either car is a "Dud" - 4.60's are respectible, but the consistency isn't there. As someone said in another post, because rules have been stable for a while, lower funded teams are getting a good handle on a performance.
So . . . it's getting really tough out there! Every TF team has had problems this year - is there a factor that we are not hearing about?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back