Maximum Points for Vegas Finals (1 Viewer)

Professional Fan

Nitro Member
Does anyone know the maximum points for the Finals. I know it is points and a half. On TV they showed the maximum to be 183:
15 for each qualifying run=30
18 maximum points in qualifying ("little points")=18
30 points per round win=120

I can't get these to come up to 183. I come up with 168 based on the above.

I can’t come up with it either, especially since there are no more points for national records.

From nhra.com

150 points - Winner
8 points - Low ET for each qualifying run 'little points'
10 points - qualify #1
15 points - for all participants (one qualifying run required)

=183 points max

From nhra.com

150 points - Winner
8 points - Low ET for each qualifying run 'little points'
10 points - qualify #1
15 points - for all participants (one qualifying run required)

=183 points max
That still doesn't work. Your numbers:
150 points winner (how do they get this when each round is 30 points-i.e. 30x4=120 points)
16 little points
10 points qualify #1
15 points for qualifying run
Total equals 191

I'm not trying to be argumentative, just trying to understand what the max points really are for determining championship.

That still doesn't work. Your numbers:
150 points winner (how do they get this when each round is 30 points-i.e. 30x4=120 points)
16 little points
10 points qualify #1
15 points for qualifying run
Total equals 191

I'm not trying to be argumentative, just trying to understand what the max points really are for determining championship.

You get round points for qualifying. There are not 16 little points available. Max is 8 (low et of both qualifiers).

if a championship in 2020 cost you 3 bodies, 5 blocks, and countless other broken parts......for an abbreviated covid season.......and lets say tim wilkerson finishes 9th with no body or chassis failure,
and very little damaged or broken parts.......nobody seems to know how much the champions checks will be?.......who really walks away with best season?.......JFR?

You get round points for qualifying. There are not 16 little points available. Max is 8 (low et of both qualifiers).
Now I get it:
Qualifying =30 points
Round wins 30x4=120 points
Little points 8
#1 qualifier=10 points
Qualifying run=15 points

Tom Vollbrecht is the only one up here who has a complete and correct breakdown of the points system for Las Vegas.

On the 150 points for winning. Keep in mind that the only round that gets you points for winning it is the final round. The rest of the points awarded during eliminations are for losing any given round. I.e. if you qualify on Saturday, you automatically have the 20/30 points for losing E1 to your credit.

Tom Vollbrecht is the only one up here who has a complete and correct breakdown of the points system for Las Vegas.

On the 150 points for winning. Keep in mind that the only round that gets you points for winning it is the final round. The rest of the points awarded during eliminations are for losing any given round. I.e. if you qualify on Saturday, you automatically have the 20/30 points for losing E1 to your credit.
Is it automatic or do you need to "take the tree" to get points for that round?

This Sunday, Chris Morel shut off after the burnout into E1, i.e. no lights, and Drag Race Central has him listed with 48 points for the event. 15 plus 3 for qualifying plus 30 for E1 makes 48.
This with reservations as NHRA has not yet updated the official points after Las Vegas.

To add to my earlier reply. The final standings for Top Fuel Harley have now been updated by NHRA. This last Sunday, Tony Ruggiero did not show for E1 and got points for losing that round.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back