Matt Smith Now Unsponsored (1 Viewer)

If it's my money being invested and I feel I'm throwing money down a black hole or there is a better place for my investment then I'll pull the trigger as I see fit. Let’s not forget that this is a business nowadays and not like the 60's and early 70's when it was a Hobby. Business can be cold and ruthless and seem unfair at times but it is what it is.

Exactly... Qatar is a country that is building its self to modern ways and is pushing for the tourism trade.... so its a bit more than a hobby... drag racing was lucky that KH liked drag racing to promote Qatar.. if he was into NASCAR or F1 the money would have went there instead..

yes their main source of income is oil..but look at today.. everything is loosing some of their income.... even in the oil industry(not as much as other areas but still down some).. so cutting back should be expected...which they are... they are not getting out.. yet.. if they did who would blame them with all the bashing that goes on.....

This isint the sky falling people. KH and Al Anabi arent going anywhere. Yes they cut a few teams, shapped up their payroll and expenses, etc.

Good luck to those who were cut in finding sponsors but most of them didnt have sponsors before KH came along any ways.

He was spread pretty thin that's for sure!

Wasn't AJ's deal a 5 year up front $$ deal. That is the way I remember it but correct me if I am wrong. At the time I remember thinking that was the only way AJ and later Dixon would have jumped.........:confused:

Wasn't AJ's deal a 5 year up front $$ deal. That is the way I remember it but correct me if I am wrong. At the time I remember thinking that was the only way AJ and later Dixon would have jumped.........:confused:

Either way AJ is secure,even if he lost all backing im sure he could pick up more or have team owners banging on his door for crew chief.

Either way AJ is secure,even if he lost all backing im sure he could pick up more or have team owners banging on his door for crew chief.

Good point but AJ would not be the only one (potentially) affected. There can never be enough fuel teams competing as far as I am concerned.

I am not being rude but you may want to read more into that.

I'm definitely no expert in this area but I believe its true that OPEC's agreed production quotas and targeted prices are the primary factor setting our oil prices, its basically price fixing.

If this has changed, please fill us in (with premium).

I'm definitely no expert in this area but I believe its true that OPEC's agreed production quotas and targeted prices are the primary factor setting our oil prices, its basically price fixing.

Well you are not wrong about OPEC but the Saudi's seem to want lower oil prices Saudi seeks USD70 to USD80 oil to guarantee sales: Alwaleed and have even gone against OPEC to do it Saudi Arabia to Increase Oil Production to 30-Year High | ThirdAge

Sorry for going off topic.

It is price fixing ... but OPEC isn't the driving factor any longer. Wall Street got involved with oil futures, petroleum based derivatives and petroleum based hedge funds and the like. Basically Wall St. bought up all the oil commodities and futures in the $20/per barrel range, held, sold and resold and drove the prices up. OPEC, in turn, increased production in an attempt to flood the market and bring prices down, but the Wall St. speculators just rode the wave up and up and up creating the opposite affects OPEC intended (not unlike Wall St did with mortgages). The price we pay at the pump is more based on complex formulas the oil companies use. If oil is selling for $120 barrel, the de facto costs of refining and transporting the finished product (gasoline) increases proportionally, thus the price at the pump increases proportionally. As bizarre as it sounds, lower cost per barrel is better for everyone (not just the consumer) EXCEPT those slimeballs in lower Manhattan.

Much like our dependence on petroleum, our unchecked corporate greed is our own dammed fault.

I am also sorry for going off topic.

Last edited:
It is price fixing ... but OPEC isn't the driving factor any longer. Wall Street got involved with oil futures, petroleum based derivatives and petroleum based hedge funds and the like. Basically Wall St. bought up all the oil commodities and futures in the $20/per barrel range, held, sold and resold and drove the prices up. OPEC, in turn, increased production in an attempt to flood the market and bring prices down, but the Wall St. speculators just rode the wave up and up and up creating the opposite affects OPEC intended (not unlike Wall St did with mortgages). The price we pay at the pump is more based on complex formulas the oil companies use. If oil is selling for $120 barrel, the de facto costs of refining and transporting the finished product (gasoline) increases proportionally, thus the price at the pump increases proportionally. As bizarre as it sounds, lower cost per barrel is better for everyone (not just the consumer) EXCEPT those slimeballs in lower Manhattan.

Much like our dependence on petroleum, our unchecked corporate greed is our own dammed fault.

I am also sorry for going off topic.

NO IT cLINTONS FAULT.HE IS THE A$$WIPE THAT DEREGULATED OIL.

NO IT cLINTONS FAULT.HE IS THE A$$WIPE THAT DEREGULATED OIL.

Actually, deregulation of the oil industry started in the 1970s during the Nixon Administration and every president since then has been involved. Most of the deregulation changes took place during the 1980s.

Jim

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back