Mark Rebilas Firebird testing pictures (1 Viewer)

I had the pleasure of Meeting Mark when he was still in High school. I've know his dad for over 15 years from all of his pics. I heard(?) that Mark was in the Military and was an official photographer for one of the Armed services, his father Gil told me that, not sure how completly accurate that is. Just what I heard..

I know Mark posts here on occasion... Do the teams by the rights to these pics sometimes, or only the mags? Wonderfuls shots or should I say art. Thanks for sharing your talent.

Thanks for the hook-up J.C.

I'm at a loss for words... that is photography... that is painting with a camera... that is showing the soul of drag racing... those pictures are truly worth a thousand words...

Thank You Mark for translating our Passion into Art.

d'kid

Mark truly is an amazing talent. He captures this sport better than anyone I've ever seen. His ability to catch things that clearly only happen for a very brief moment is amazing. His model shots are only average, but his sports work is world-class.

Echoing all the above, this guys photgraphic talents are beyond belief.

Awesome.

In a class by themselves. Brilliant!

Whew! Out of adjectives!.

Fantastic shots, but I am curious if the remote lights that Mark had on the guard walls effected the drivers vision(see Bernstein photo). From the photos, it looked like they were pretty bright and could cause focus problems. But then at my age, pretty much anything causes that, well almost anything.
al

A couple of thoughts on Mark's web page:

First and foremost is that I agree with the kudos in this thread. Mark is a talented photographer and very accomplished in his work. Over the years I've especially enjoyed his shots from the California Hot Rod Reunion. He has a good eye for racing like Ralph Guldahl Jr., Jim Kelly and Steve Reyes.

Second is that in one of the photo captions he mentioned the number of photo credentials issued for the event and used the word photographer in quotes two or three times. I was a little taken aback for two reasons. One is that I was among the photographers in the photo with the caption. Second is that the use of photographer in quotes is a negative implication, as though some of us were not worthy to be there. Mark, if I have misread what I think you were implying then I apologize for being a little defensive and maybe you can clarify that for me.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back