Major Pro Stock Team Losing Sponsor??? (1 Viewer)

Check the Business newswire. Slammer lost $30M last quarter compared to less than $500K same quarter last year. The top guys were let go, too. They have to do what they can to survive so sponsorship goes out the window. They are in a total survival mode.

Expect to see Jeg's take a more prominent role in the financing of the team.

Its Slammers and Jeggie. There was another thread on here but obvisously something happened to it. Must have gotten juicy or something since I last read it a few hours ago.

First I wonder who it is, second, I hope it doesn't have the ripple down effect they are talking about??

Todd Hoerner

I think when they said 'ripple' they meant the loss of this sponsor would not be a big blow. At least that is how I read it...

Check the Business newswire. Slammer lost $30M last quarter compared to less than $500K same quarter last year. The top guys were let go, too. They have to do what they can to survive so sponsorship goes out the window. They are in a total survival mode.

Those numbers are certainly weird. While revenues were (essentially) flat, the loss went up by a quantum amount. Seems odd when one looks at the marketing alliances they've landed.
The stock price has certainly tanked! I thought Coca-Cola Enterprises had a substantial OWNERSHIP position in Bravo - now, I'm not so sure.......

:confused:

Dave McClelland, I see you are on line now. Do you have any insight into how this may affect Jeg's PS effort?

That's quite a business plan. Goes along with buy high, sell low, but do it in quantity.

Just to let everyone know both teams will be just fine and we are charging for the pro-stock title Victor, the shop, Dave and Jeggie we are a team and everyone involved at Victors palace!!! Thanks Evan Knoll.

Just to let everyone know both teams will be just fine and we are charging for the pro-stock title Victor, the shop, Dave and Jeggie we are a team and everyone involved at Victors palace!!! Thanks Evan Knoll.

Thank you Evan.

That is a title that I would Like to See Dave Connolly win:D

The only thing I can find in the Bravo (parent company of Slammers) financial filings is the following statement from a 10Q filed two days ago:

"Marketing Expense and Advertising:

Our marketing expenses and advertising increased primarily due to our sponsorship of National Hot Rod Association ("NHRA") pro stock race cars. We incurred approximately $885,000 in expenses surrounding our NHRA advertising during the first quarter of 2007, compared to $379,300 in the quarter ended March 31, 2006. As mentioned previously, we are looking to mitigate our exposure under the NHRA sponsorship contract. This action, together with the restructuring plan that we completed in May 2007 and strict cost containment measures, is expected to significantly decrease quarterly marketing expenses going forward. "

Full report can be found at: Summary of BRAVO BRANDS INC. - Yahoo! Finance

I hear ya' Pete...it certainly wasn't a negative or inappropriate thread...at least the last postings I saw weren't. Anyone know what happened???:confused:
And I started one also after I saw it on Comp Plus and posted a link. Thought it was kinda funny it was gone this morning. Spose since they were all similar, some got deleted to save band width?
By the way, John, have you gotten us "annnouncers" lined up with the Mopar hospitality tent (or Cerberus hospitality tent, or whatever?) for Topeka?

And I started one also after I saw it on Comp Plus and posted a link. Thought it was kinda funny it was gone this morning. Spose since they were all similar, some got deleted to save band width?
I smell spoiled milk... :confused: There IS more to the threads being removed than we will ever know... And Band Width is NOT one of them...

Last edited:
I just wish that when they remove threads like that they would atleast say why b/c it had been a few hours since I had read it but I hadnt seen anything other than people saying Slammers was in trouble. I was told several months ago to expect this so its not a secret thats why when whoever posted it first I said it was Slammers. I didnt think anyone was outta line at all for it to be pulled. Who knows.

The only thing I can find in the Bravo (parent company of Slammers) financial filings is the following statement from a 10Q filed two days ago:

"Marketing Expense and Advertising:

Our marketing expenses and advertising increased primarily due to our sponsorship of National Hot Rod Association ("NHRA") pro stock race cars. We incurred approximately $885,000 in expenses surrounding our NHRA advertising during the first quarter of 2007, compared to $379,300 in the quarter ended March 31, 2006. As mentioned previously, we are looking to mitigate our exposure under the NHRA sponsorship contract. This action, together with the restructuring plan that we completed in May 2007 and strict cost containment measures, is expected to significantly decrease quarterly marketing expenses going forward. "

Well...now we know the funding level...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back