LOTS of Good Pub (1 Viewer)

vegasnitro

Nitro Member
Flying cross-country today so I grabbed the most recent Road and Track (December Issue) off the shelf in the airport (I am a sucker for a Ferrari vs. Lambo comparo with sexy cover shots). I am reading through the magazine and there is a 6 page spread about Tony Schumacher titled "The Other Schumacher" chronicling Tony's achievements in Top Fuel with a tongue-in-cheek title reference to Michael Schumacher. Lots of good pictures accompany the article as well as background info on Top Fuel and the NHRA in general.

BUT WAIT ... THERE'S MORE

Near the back of the magazine in his regular one page column titled "Countersteer", editor Sam Mitani chronicles his day at the US Nationals this year, and how he was presumptive enough to tell Ron Capps he could drive his car. Capps let him get in the car and the crew put the body down. That was it for Sam ... and the car had not even been started! Sam then went to the starting line for one of Capps qualifying shots, and that definitely turned Sam on his head. All in all, a funny yet informative view of Funny Cars from a noob.

Lots of folks will have a new appreciation for NHRA after this month's Road and Track, kudos to NHRA and DSR for getting their teams front and center in a major monthly publication.

Last edited:
Got the same issue at the SeaTac airport on the way to the Vegas race. Two great articles.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back