Line Set to Tackle Challenge of 4-Wide Racing in Charlotte (1 Viewer)

Mooresville, N.C., April 13, 2011 – As the current points leader in the NHRA’s highly competitive Pro Stock, one would think that Jason Line and the Summit Racing team would want to keep things exactly as they have been for the first three races, limiting any changes that might disrupt their string of strong performances. Under those circumstances, a unique event like this weekend’s 2nd annual VisitMyrtleBeach.com 4-Wide Nationals would be the last thing they would want see.

However, based on their runner-up finish from a year ago, and armed with a very fast and consistent race car, both Line and his KB Racing crew are ready to tackle the uncommon format presented by having four cars compete simultaneously, and look forward to making the short drive over to zMAX Dragway.

“I was the runner-up in last year’s 4-Wide Nationals, and although I would have loved to have won the inaugural race, it was still a good showing by the Summit Racing team,” said Line. “The best part is that we learned a lot that we hope to apply this year so we can finish one spot higher than we did last year. It’s certainly a different type of challenge than we normally face and not an easy one at that, but it’s something we can have fun with, and if we win, it’s a pretty cool deal to have on your resume.

“The best part is that we have a really fast Summit Racing Pontiac, and feel like we should have a pretty good handle on the racetrack at zMAX Dragway. If that’s the case, then it falls on me to do my job behind the wheel, which this weekend will be harder than ever, because we’ll be doing something different from what we’ve trained to do throughout our careers.

“Instead of worrying about racing one driver, you’re taking on three, and if that were not enough, we’ll also have a completely different set of staging lights to deal with on the tree. Even so, it’s all good, and I like the idea of trying something different from time to time. It’s an opportunity to challenge yourself with someone ending up the winner, and I can’t think of anyone better than me to get the job done.”

Of course, Line and the KB Racing crew are quite familiar with the “Bellagio of Drag Strips”, the nickname given zMAX Dragway by track owner Bruton Smith, as it is a short drive away from the KB Racing shop in Mooresville. Although quick to dispel any notion of a home track advantage due to differences in track preparation, the second-generation racer acknowledges that there are certain benefits to racing at the Concord quarter-mile.

“Thanks to Bruton and Marcus Smith, zMAX Dragway is one of the nicest facilities we go to throughout the year,” said Line. “Although the starting line can be a little tricky for the Pro Stock cars, overall the racetrack is as good as any that we race on. The two left lanes are pretty equal, and the only real question is what they’re going to do to get the two right lanes that are hardly used to be as competitive for the four-wide format. In any case, we’re going to do whatever we need to keep lane choice on Sunday.

“All in all, it’s a nice place to race, and the fact that I can bring my family to the track with me and sleep in my own bed only makes it better. After being slightly off our game in Las Vegas, this Summit Racing team is ready to bounce back this weekend, and doing it in our own back yard during the four-wide race would be pretty cool.”

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back