Licensing on NHRA prepared tracks (A. Force) (1 Viewer)

Just thought I'd ask...
1) If Ashley's name was Anthony, would there even be two threads going?
2) Isn't it a Fact that All Robert's seat time was from Monday testing during the 2004 season?
3) Having seen all 4 of them together, isn't Ashley just as 'large" as Robert and Eric, and except for his being middle aged, her dad too?
4) Heck, I was surprised how tiny all the "shoes" were I saw and Meet at Richmond, except Fast Jack and Whit...:eek:

5) I'm a member of "the lucky Sperm Club", just not related to drag racing... didn't go into Dad's business, didn't want to... or the family Cattle business back in the early 70's... :eek:

Keith...I agree w/ you and some of your statements.
Bazemore is an awesome driver who could pilot just about anything.
In the 80's and 90's I was always impressed w/ Gary Evans and Bazemore's efforts. Even as independents they would put the car on kill.
I realized that Bazemore would make it big time when they would sleep in the trailer rather than spend $$ on a hotel and give the $$$ cars a good drag race.
And his top-end crash was one of the worst I have ever seen.
I have stood on the starting line many times to watch him and along w/ Force I would say they are/were the top two pilots driving fuel coupes.
I would have no problem handing over the keys to Baze to save the day.

Well...if Ashleys name were Anthony he would probably know every nut and bolt on the car while licensing unlike Ashley...she has no intention of ever getting dirty.

I was very impressed w/ 'KARDIAC' (Hight) when he made his debut, but he knew evrything about the car. His heart and attitude weren't about attention, he just wanted to drag race.

I am never surprised @ America's attitude to be connected to success and the fan following of the best teams whether it be sports or racing.
Most Americans find a top shelf contender and then try to connect w/ them in a cult like following.
When I lived in L.A. if the Lakers were doing well everyone would fly their flags and if they weren't no one would even talk about them...

I root for any racing team that 'only' employs 3-5 crewmembers.
Todays big gun teams throw $$$ to get the win light.

Just thought I'd ask...
1) If Ashley's name was Anthony, would there even be two threads going?
2) Isn't it a Fact that All Robert's seat time was from Monday testing during the 2004 season?
3) Having seen all 4 of them together, isn't Ashley just as 'large" as Robert and Eric, and except for his being middle aged, her dad too?
4) Heck, I was surprised how tiny all the "shoes" were I saw and Meet at Richmond, except Fast Jack and Whit...:eek:

5) I'm a member of "the lucky Sperm Club", just not related to drag racing... didn't go into Dad's business, didn't want to... or the family Cattle business back in the early 70's... :eek:
Good post Karl, everybody is so busy bragging about they've done this, done that, it got off track. The woman deserves a chance just like anybody else!! If they dont like it to bad its John and Ashleys call if everybody does not like it to bad its John's team. I dont think she will do any better or any worse than the rest of the rookies have. Everybody should cut her some slack!!!!

Last edited:
The excuse that "I don't have the chance to become a professional driver (or whatever your aspirations are) because I don't have the money to buy a ride" is the biggest roadblock to most potential drivers. Here is my list of current drivers who got their break with out having the money themselves before hand to buy the ride:

John Force
Dale Creasy Jr
Whit Bazemore
Jack Wyatt
Melanie Troxel
Terry Haddock
Jack Beckman
Dave Grubnic
Rod Fuller
Alan Bradshaw
Gary Scelzi
JR Todd
Hillary Will
Robert Hight
Eric Medlin
Bobby Lagana
Clay Millican
Larry Dixon
Ron Capps
Del Worsham
Cruz Pedregon
Tony Pedregon

You will probably say that Robert and Eric got the job because of their relationship to John, but the facts are that they both were crew members who proved their work ethics, dedication and focus to do whatever it takes to succeed at whatever job they are allowed to do.

I will reiterate, the only person and reason that you are not succeeding in whatever endeavor you are attempting is yourself. And making excuses to yourself makes the whole process harder. Once you say "I can't do that" you never will be able to do that.

The H. Will incident was very serious. She, like Force' daughters are rarely approached by the other drivers on a friendship basis.

This is a very odd statement to make. Are you watching Hillary & the Force girls that close that you know when they are talking to friends or what their friendship status is with other people?? Isn't that called stalking??:eek:

The excuse that "I don't have the chance to become a professional driver (or whatever your aspirations are) because I don't have the money to buy a ride" is the biggest roadblock to most potential drivers. Here is my list of current drivers who got their break with out having the money themselves before hand to buy the ride:

John Force
Dale Creasy Jr
Whit Bazemore
Jack Wyatt
Melanie Troxel
Terry Haddock
Jack Beckman
Dave Grubnic
Rod Fuller
Alan Bradshaw
Gary Scelzi
JR Todd
Hillary Will
Robert Hight
Eric Medlin
Bobby Lagana
Clay Millican
Larry Dixon
Ron Capps
Del Worsham
Cruz Pedregon
Tony Pedregon

You will probably say that Robert and Eric got the job because of their relationship to John, but the facts are that they both were crew members who proved their work ethics, dedication and focus to do whatever it takes to succeed at whatever job they are allowed to do.

I will reiterate, the only person and reason that you are not succeeding in whatever endeavor you are attempting is yourself. And making excuses to yourself makes the whole process harder. Once you say "I can't do that" you never will be able to do that.

Virgil, I said NOTHING about buying a ride. I said you need money. Think of the kid that wants to get started. Like any new venture, you better have at least a years expenses and your wages in the bank. You going to support him or her while they try and get their break?

You listed Hillary as one who started without money. Who paid for her training? Who supported her while she made nothing while driving Alky? I agree that if that's what you want (driving) you should go for it. But there are no free rides.

Robert wrote: "Virgil, I don't disagree with you but I'll say money is a huge factor. If you don't have the cash to go first class, don't bother. You wouldn't have a prayer.

If you have the cash then drive, focus and undieing determination are mandatory to succeed."

Things have changed a little over the last few years but if Whit Bazemore had that outlook where would he be now? Likewise Dale Creasy Jr, the new IHRA F/C champ. His determination landed some backing but he is definitely not a lucky sperm club member (apart from the fact that he grew up at dragstrips around the country).

Roo Man
You completely misunderstood what I was saying (my fault). Read my reply to Virgil.

Teri....nice name BTW...I have been on the tour and it is obvious who mingles w/ who. Kind of like a normal job just a new work site every other week. Have you ever seen footage of them hanging out w/any other teams?
When I licensed I had plenty of people in my corner that could sign-off on my 'only' 2b license but since Densham was @ the track, his son Steve was licensing, along w/ D. Pulde I wanted some constructive criticism (sp. ck?) on my full passes so I sought them out. And they were very polite on telling me of my mistakes while also pointing out the postive moves I made. And how many people have Densham or Pulde (two of the best pilots ever) signatures on their license?
I do not have any problem w/ someone telling me that I "suck" it only makes me a mentally stronger driver/person.

Jay...What was your DADS name and he drove the 'Hard Times' digger?

My Dad is Ron Smith (not the one in the Pacific NW). He drove the BB/FC called HMS Odyssey for years. When they sold that they bought the Hard Times T/F car. He drove that for a while but never did license it. As all of the guys were mortgaging their houses to try to afford to race he backed out and they got Larry to drive it. We went to quite a few races still as Larry drove but eventually quit going.

Trivia: Do you know what car that was before my dad and his friends got it?

Force aint there to make friends. He's all business. Ever notice he is the only MEGA team that doesnt have a hospitality area? Why? B/c he dont give a crap about anything but winning the race. His hosp. area is the Castroil Technology Center. And I bet that he and Ashley really lose alot of sleep over the fact that no one likes them or hangs out with them. Boo freaking whooo. My family has raised show livestock for the last decade and one of the first things we learned was that when you start winning, people start hating you. They could have been your best friend the day before, but the next day they wont even talk to you. And the more you win, the worse it gets. But you know what, we didnt let it bother us, we just used it as extra motivation to show up and kick there ass even more.

Jay...good question, man your making me dig deep into the past and it will come to me. I know your pops wrecked it backing up after a burnout.
I am still in touch w/ R.Meredith and did you know that G. Boyles passed away.
They were the primary owners.
Was it the 'THRUSH'car?? I forgot...Too many years...

Justin...Life is about building relationships...Not winning...

Think you just hit it Terry, and that's where we disagree...
I don't give a flying Rat's what people think of me... I'm a cranky old man that grew up in SoCal.

And ya know what, I respect Force, the kids that work for him, and his Two Oldest Daughters... never met Courtney or Brit... I respect what he's built over the years, from Nothing... and just like me, if he wants to pass it on to his family, more power to him...

Jay...good question, man your making me dig deep into the past and it will come to me. I know your pops wrecked it backing up after a burnout.
I am still in touch w/ R.Meredith and did you know that G. Boyles passed away.
They were the primary owners.
Was it the 'THRUSH'car?? I forgot...Too many years...

Yeah, we have video of his crash because the crew from the show "That's Incredible was there filming some stunt.

I was great friends with John Meredith and our families (w/Ron and Elaine) were ALWAYS together. Ron is still one of my favorite people on the planet.

I did hear about Gary but not that long ago. They lived 2 streets over so we hung out with his boys a lot.

Good guess on the car. It was the Bubble Up car that was last driven, I think, bu Graham Light.

Sorry for the thread hijack guys... Well, heck you should ALL hanging on every word about my childhood for cryin' out loud!!!:D

Jay.....do you remember Garys' son Chad? He mentioned that your father hurt his wrist pretty good w/ the butterfly in that accident. He also said that your mother and father toured the country going to dragstrips?

Force aint there to make friends. He's all business. Ever notice he is the only MEGA team that doesnt have a hospitality area? Why? B/c he dont give a crap about anything but winning the race. His hosp. area is the Castroil Technology Center. And I bet that he and Ashley really lose alot of sleep over the fact that no one likes them or hangs out with them. Boo freaking whooo. My family has raised show livestock for the last decade and one of the first things we learned was that when you start winning, people start hating you. They could have been your best friend the day before, but the next day they wont even talk to you. And the more you win, the worse it gets. But you know what, we didnt let it bother us, we just used it as extra motivation to show up and kick there ass even more.
great post! i agree go ashley!!!!!!!!!! and john

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back