Khalid alBalooshi replaces Massey (1 Viewer)

I don't think Khalid al Balooshi is part of the Sheikh's family. The Sheikh is from Qatar, al Balooshi is from Dubai. I think they are just very good friends.

I don't think Khalid al Balooshi is part of the Sheikh's family. The Sheikh is from Qatar, al Balooshi is from Dubai. I think they are just very good friends.
You could be right ,I had heard somewhere they were related. It was a good pick for Don he a good driver.

Balooshi lost his ride when the powers that be in Qutar pulled funding from AJ's team....looks like if he had funding sources he would have just kept that one. Personally, I think DS simply picked an experienced and available driver to finish out the year, keeping both the car and the team in the mix- and then plans to start 2016 with a fresh new driver who will be groomed over the off-season. I think it'll be Ashley Sanford, but it could be Don Garlits for all I know.
Best post so far.....

I pick Big Daddy Don Garlits!

Khalid has been running a pro mod all year under the banner AAP on the side of the car.. there was an article somewhere earlier this year that said AAP = Al-Anabi Performance... so i'm sure it's safe to assume Khalid was the only one still getting funded by his friend from overseas.. no big deal... and I'm sure Khalid misses the real power of tf so his "friend" probably stepped up for the remainder of the season.. again..no big deal.. people have been buying seats all the time. just like the reason Beckman got in a funny car and DSR released Bazemore. Beckman showed up with a checkbook.. ( now go ahead and start flaming on Bazemore everyone) I wish the guy was still out here.. we need drivers that aren't "cookie cutter" politically correct .. but that's a title for a different thread.

I believe he was still driving a Pro M od Car in the Qatar series in the winter months .
At this point I believe funding period is good but the car was funded for the season anyway .

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back