Katie Sullivan Promo video...feedback requested (1 Viewer)

Tim5636sc

Nitro Member
CRX Media producer Jason Lehr spent this past weekend with NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle rider Katie Sullivan and "BOSS-DAD" Charlie at the NHRA Sportsnationals in Fontana while she was testing their new/old Pro Stock Bike.

He shot some video, did an interview and this is what we came up with.

“Chasing The Dream” – Katie Sullivan Video

We would like to use this as a promotional video for Katie. Can you guys provide some feedback for us?

Thanks,

The CRX Media team

Nicely done, but, I do have one issue, either bring her volume up or turn down the music.

To me, the music was distracting from what she was trying to say.

I think the video quality is great. I'd probably clean up her audio commentary a bit and, if it were me, I’d probably have her dressed a little more "motorsports" like. Maybe a crew uniform of some sort, even if it is a blank uniform shirt. I think that jumped out at me more then the audio.

I think the video quality is great. I'd probably clean up her audio commentary a bit and, if it were me, I’d probably have her dressed a little more "motorsports" like. Maybe a crew uniform of some sort, even if it is a blank uniform shirt. I think that jumped out at me more then the audio.

You're complaining about what she was wearing? :p

Anyway, I liked it. I met Katie at G-ville. Very pretty and very nice. Hope she gets more sponsors, she has tons of potential.

Hi Tim! How you doing?

The video is well done, and shows a personal side and thats a good thing.
The music was a great choice and fits the mood of the piece very well. It is a little too loud, just in the background is all you need. I don't know what kind of software you are using, so I don't know what you can do with her audio.

My only other suggestion would be to tighten it up a little at the end. When she is done talking I think you held on her a little too long. As soon as she is done and smiles I would go right to the run. It takes about six seconds to get there as it is now.

Don't know what kind of Mic you are using, I would suggest a shotgun Mic for better rejection of ambient noise. But good ones are a couple of bucks you might not have to spend, I know I don't right now.

That's my .02 you coming out to Vegas anytime soon?

Dan

Hi Tim! How you doing?

The video is well done, and shows a personal side and thats a good thing.
The music was a great choice and fits the mood of the piece very well. It is a little too loud, just in the background is all you need. I don't know what kind of software you are using, so I don't know what you can do with her audio.

My only other suggestion would be to tighten it up a little at the end. When she is done talking I think you held on her a little too long. As soon as she is done and smiles I would go right to the run. It takes about six seconds to get there as it is now.

Don't know what kind of Mic you are using, I would suggest a shotgun Mic for better rejection of ambient noise. But good ones are a couple of bucks you might not have to spend, I know I don't right now.

That's my .02 you coming out to Vegas anytime soon?

Dan

Thanks for the input Dan...

I'll be coming out to Vegas most likely for some training with my company in three weeks before driving up to Salt Lake for the #HRA race June 18th and 19th.... Gotta see all the cars racing in the CleanBoost Lane (right lane at Rocky Mountain Raceway..)

I'll be in town Monday and Tuesday before driving up to my Dad's in St. George on Wed. Maybe we can have lunch one of those days?

You're complaining about what she was wearing? :p

Anyway, I liked it. I met Katie at G-ville. Very pretty and very nice. Hope she gets more sponsors, she has tons of potential.

Ha Ha! well I'm not complaining for my benefit. :D I guess what I was tring to get at was you wouldn't were a AC DC t-shirt and jeans to a corporate job interview. Ha Ha! :p :D

that was just my $.02; all in all it was good.

Tim, I agree work on the sound a little. Also there are some views of runs where she leaves last in testing. But to a person who might be viewing this and knows very little about Drag Racing she looks like she lost. So I guess if you going to make a promo vide show her a head at the finish line and "Stage" a couple of run shots where she leaves first. Other then that Not to bad.

I'm not sure it answers the question: "What's in it for me" for the potential sponsor.

A little too much, "I want to go racing". So do a zillion other wanabe racers.

She's like-able, approach-able (like <surprisingly> most of the bike riders), well spoken and already has somewhat of a following (great exposure on the NHRA blog-site). Can she put your product or service in front of potential buyers in an economical way? I think you have to answer that question more assertively.

BTW: I DID notice the delayed start and agree you should show a heads-up start. The venue and the "look" of the racing shots was terrific. It would be nice to have similar exciting shots from a national event with people in the stands.

Thanks for the input folks.

We are using this video for more media and fan based information and not marketing partners.

The videos we have for those applications we obviously do not post publicly as we taylor fit our marketing partnership videos to each individual potential partner.

This is more for fans and the media for info on her. ;) It's why we posted this on a fan-based message board for input.

Thanks all

I thought it was pretty good overall. I think the production quality was good as well as the music.

I'm not totally sure what is trying to be achieved with this video so it's difficult to give an accurate feedback. If this is a video strictly about Katie and her Drag Racing aspirations - aiming towards the fans and telling fans more about her, this is a home run.

If this video is aimed at a potential sponsor, I think it needs some work. I don't know Katie but she does seem like a wonderful young lady. Very personnable and friendly, young and nice looking - things that a potential sponsor looks for. However, she seems to just ramble on about her Dad and her dreams and her team and she wants to go racing and her family and her etc.

I think the video needs to be broken up a little bit more. Her family and her Dad, then her Racing background, then her team, then her aspirations, finally - most important, what she can and will do for a sponsor. Spend the most time telling about what she can do for a sponsor and how being involved in NHRA Pro Stock Bike Drag Racing is a good value for a sponsor.

One other thing, as other have mentioned, change her outfit. Her leathers, a crew uniform, a polo shirt - something like that is more professional looking than what she's wearing in the video. A different top would also cover up the tatoos. Some potential sponors may frown on tatoos. Get her hair done. Do the interview part in a air conditioned room with a nice backdrop -not sweaty out at the track. Look as professional as possible.

Other than that, my overall impression of this is pretty good, it just needs some work.

I hope I didn't come off like I'm ripping on Katie, as I said, she seems like a very nice young lady. I'm just give feedback of the actual video and what I saw - and would like to see.

Dave

Dave...

please read the post above you...

It's fan and media based.... Not for marketing partner presentations... So, the t-shirt, the leathers, the hair, the 5-colors on her finger nails... yup... that's Katie.

Not gonna change her image to 'corporate image' to try to tell people who she is... would you rather root for somebody who tells it like it is or 'fakes it up' for corporate?

Dave...

please read the post above you...

It's fan and media based.... Not for marketing partner presentations... So, the t-shirt, the leathers, the hair, the 5-colors on her finger nails... yup... that's Katie.

Not gonna change her image to 'corporate image' to try to tell people who she is... would you rather root for somebody who tells it like it is or 'fakes it up' for corporate?

Timmah,
Enjoyed it very much, was like talking with one of my "kids". Very well put together, and the Video wasn't bad... ;)

Sorry Tim, I must have been writing my above post while you posted yours.

You are correct as far as not changing her image. It's cool, I have no problem with that. I do like people who are themselves and tells it like it is - rather than the phony types out there. My only thought about her image is that of trying to find a major sponsor - it will take a unique situation to find a backer who would market their products to her demographic. Similar to when Scotty Cannon was with Oakley - they liked his style.

In ths day and age of the "corporate image", sadly it looks like more companies are looking for the phony, polished types - rather than somebody who is themselves and for real. Like I said, she seems like a wonderful person and I certainly meant nothing mean or negative toward her and her team. I was just offering advise based on what I have witnessed in working with sponsors and marketing companies. I wish her the best in the sport. Drag Racing can use a fresh young face - who is her own person.

In regards to he video - as a fan /media piece, I think it was great.

Dave

I have never really followed the bike classes but was reading her blog and was impressed by her mindset, I sent her a goodluck email which is something I like to do for racers that impress me. She replied back and from the small couple of emails I realised that all that girl thinks about is drag racing she seems like the kind of person who would make big sacrifices and turn peanuts into dollars just to race. Racing to people like her is more then just a business or a hobby its their life.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input Dan...

I'll be coming out to Vegas most likely for some training with my company in three weeks before driving up to Salt Lake for the #HRA race June 18th and 19th.... Gotta see all the cars racing in the CleanBoost Lane (right lane at Rocky Mountain Raceway..)

I'll be in town Monday and Tuesday before driving up to my Dad's in St. George on Wed. Maybe we can have lunch one of those days?

Shoot me a pm or email!

-Play around with the composition of the interview piece. 1/3 2/3 instead of the static dead center.
-Clean up the background so she doesn't look like she lives in a trailer.
-Lose the tats
-hair down for closeups
-Have her give her spiel in the grandstands, walking on the starting line, sitting on the track wall, sitting on her bike.
-needs a shot her hugging her dad.
-like others said, show, at least once, that she can corporate up.
-show her hitting the books and working at her job

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back