Kalitta, Bernstein, Schumacher Interview... (1 Viewer)

DLB

Nitro Member
http://www.nhra.com/content/news.asp?articleid=16712
I couldn't help but laugh at this:
SCHUMACHER:...We all know when to leave the start line. Usually when we hear Doug leave, we know it's a good time, right, Doug?

KALITTA: I don't know about that (laughter).

BERNSTEIN: I definitely know about it.

SCHUMACHER: Me, too (laughter).

Good interview though.

kalitta: "You just go out there and I think it's 50 cases of beer, a bunch of cash, they have a great track. Just a lot of fun."

the essentials; pretty much sums it up.
probably 'bud girls' in the winner's circle photos too.:D

Tony said "...if every fan were to come to a drag race live, we'd pass them [NASCAR], period...."

Amen to that. Richmond was the first National event for me and my brother. He goes to lots of NASCAR races, now he's talking about next year going to Gainesville, Bristol, and Richmond. I've been to only one NASCAR race, but I plan to go to lots more drag races.

My wife said just watch it on TV, you can see better. Maybe, but you can't FEEL, hear, or smell it like you can in person. Plus, meeting the drivers and being in the pits is as much fun as watching the race.

Brett

Tony said "...if every fan were to come to a drag race live, we'd pass them [NASCAR], period...."

Amen to that. Richmond was the first National event for me and my brother. He goes to lots of NASCAR races, now he's talking about next year going to Gainesville, Bristol, and Richmond. I've been to only one NASCAR race, but I plan to go to lots more drag races.

My wife said just watch it on TV, you can see better. Maybe, but you can't FEEL, hear, or smell it like you can in person. Plus, meeting the drivers and being in the pits is as much fun as watching the race.

Brett
AMEN brother.. People don't understand when I tell them you can FEEL the beat of the cylinders deep in your chest when a NITRO cars idles. The EXPLOSION of power when they leave the starting line. Not to mention the up close and personal meetings with the drivers, crew, sponsors, and other fans. BUT!!! in some ways I want Drag Racing to stay small... IF everyone knew how exciting it was there would be no way everyone could get into the pits. There would be waiting lists for pit passes. The ticket prices would be out of my price range. I don't want NHRA to turn into NASCRAP where you can't meet the stars. Just something to think about..

absolutly, a lot of people who never saw an event in real life always watch and say- i can do that- well go to one stand on the line- or hell just stand at the ropes during the warm up and ill bet my house you will change your mind. drag racing national events are the best sports event for the money.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back