Kalbones Racing Team Energized for New Challenge in NHRA (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]February 13, 2009 - VIRGINIA BEACH, VA – Following a tremendous first full season in IHRA Alcohol Funny Car for Kalbones Racing with Laurie Cannister as driver and Dale Cannister tuning, the entire team is looking forward to testing new waters in 2009.

While quite disappointing for the team to be unable to defend their 2008 IHRA World Championship due to the cancellation of the class by IHRA, they’re currently putting the final touches on what they feel will be a very competitive combination for NHRA TAFC competition.

“We are very excited to be able to race again,” said the 2008 IHRA Professional Driver of the Year. “Of course, we wanted to get back out and go for back-to-back IHRA Alcohol Funny Car Championships, but that wasn’t to be. Thanks to team owners Kevin and Wendy Sims, they are once again providing us with everything we need to be as competitive as possible in 2009. The only difference is it will be an NHRA schedule.”

New venues, new and old faces, plus several car changes all face the Kalbones Grill’n Sauce team in the season ahead. The latter of the three, namely the blower change, has tuner Dale Cannister excited about the new challenge.

“I’m pretty pumped to see what we can do with the screw blower. I know it will be different and I really will enjoy figuring out the new combination,” he said. “We successfully ran on many ‘new to us’ tracks under new weather situations last season and I’m not going to approach this season any differently.”

“Making the switch to NHRA has been pretty simple so far,” commented Laurie. “From my phone calls with NHRA officials to getting the equipment we need. Just about everything is in place for the new season ahead.”

Although the Cannister’s have been sort of a staple of the IHRA over the last decade, NHRA competition is not totally new to them.

“The last time I ran NHRA was in Super Comp, now that just seems like eons ago,” smiled the two-time IHRA Champion. “We are looking forward to being as competitive as possible in our first NHRA Alcohol Funny Car season. This team has had a lot of good fortune when it comes to ‘first times’ and we’re shooting to continue that record.”

The Kalbones Grill’n Sauce team plans to make their NHRA competition debut, during the NHRA Lucas Oil Division event, at South Georgia Motorsports Park in Cecil, GA, April 3rd through April 5th.

Laurie Cannister Fast Fan Facts
Birthday - July 23
Hometown - Johnstown, Ohio
Husband, Tuner - Dale Cannister (Nominated 2008 IHRA Crew Chief of the Year)
Children - Samson "Our Son" - Norwegian Elkhound
2008 IHRA Alcohol Funny Car World Champion
2008 IHRA Professional Driver of the Year
2000 IHRA Pro Outlaw World Champion
1999 IHRA Pro Rookie of the Year
IHRA Alcohol Funny Car 1/8 Mile Speed and ET Record Holder
Cannister is the fastest and quickest female driver in IHRA Alcohol Funny Car history (Eighth & Quarter Mile)

All race team related info and photos – www.kalbonesracing.com

About Kalbones Grill'n Sauce:
Serious Sauce for Serious Grill'n! Kalbones is a Southern Virginia style sauce which enhances and compliments the natural flavor of the meat with a distinctive home-style barbeque flavor. Whether the occasion is a pig pickin', tailgate party, or a backyard barbeque, Kalbones is your essential ingredient to success. Six mouth watering flavors to choose from and a new rub.

Better yet - Try them all! Mop Kalbones on beef, poultry, and seafood too - It's "not jus' for yer butts!"

Special Thanks to:
Flatout Gaskets
Moroso
Manton Engineering
Rage Fuel Systems
Composite Specialties
Computech Systems

Attachments

• Cannister group.jpg
    Cannister group.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 5,210
Ways To Support Nitromater