JR Todd Question (1 Viewer)

Alan

Nitro Member
Noticed that JR is still running Torco and Seelye-Wright on his car. Is Evan actually paying for the signage, or are they running it to show support for Evan?

My guess would be a mixture of support for Evan and that the car might have already been painted and it would have cost money to take it off... And why repaint it when you don't have a new major sponsor to take its place?

CJ Curtsinger

Doesn't JR now technically drive for Morgan Lucas? He took over Melanies seat right?

I would assume that the Lucas actually had a contract with Evan, hence the sponsorship still being in place, whereas all of the other deals weren't legal contracts.

Just my guess.

Doesn't JR now technically drive for Morgan Lucas? He took over Melanies seat right?

I would assume that the Lucas actually had a contract with Evan, hence the sponsorship still being in place, whereas all of the other deals weren't legal contracts.

That makes more sense...

CJ Curtsinger

Just my guess.

That would make sense that Lucas' would have a written, binding contract. I wouldn't think that Forrest Lucas would operate on handshake agreements.

Just my guess.

It may have more to do with some deal from 2006, in which LUCAS Oil and TORCO are promoting each others products. If you go to TORCO's website, you can see LUCAS Oil products available for purchase.

Torco Race Fuels

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back