Jonnie Lindberg TAFC/TMFC 268.86 Mph (1 Viewer)

This is from the Facebook page of Mike Janis

"What a way to start the weekend at the FIA National in Sweden at Tierp Arena!!!! Our great friend and customer Jonnie Lindberg stole the number 1 spot in Alcohol Funny Car with a 5.43 @ almost 269 mph, which is the fastest mph ever recorded in the world!!!!! This is car is 100% NHRA legal just like they run in the states which is why its so impressive!! From everyone at Mike Janis Superchargers and Jan-Cen Racing Engines, CONGRATS Lindberg Bros.!!!"

I have a feeling Mike gets a lot of phone calls in the coming weeks!

Last edited:
it was about 10am on a Friday Morning. so the crowds trickle in through the day. but yes no as many as you would hope. should be a big crowd at Santa Pod in 2 weeks time for the Euro Finals! Always a great event.

And runs a 5.466 in the final session to claim the Europen ET record! Well done Jonnie and the entire Lindberg team. Peter Svensson went 5.773 on his fuel bike. I also thought Alund's 6.534 in Pro Stock was stout!!

Last edited:
Wasn't it Bob DeVour and Bob Newberry that sold NHRA that bill of goods that 92% would allow Roots blowers to compete? What an Abortion that was...Funny thing is, I have heard some TAFC crew members say that since they have 92% so long, none would want to go back to 125%! I bet a majority of them would...

I still have trouble comprehending 92%, much less 125%. I thought 50% with a 12-71 in 1981 was a lot!

The FIA rules allow otherwise but the Lindbergs have made it very clear that they run 92% OD.

Regards
PiPPi

And runs a 5.466 in the final session to claim the Europen ET record! Well done Jonnie and the entire Lindberg team. Peter Svensson went 5.773 on his fuel bike. I also thought Alund's 6.534 in Pro Stock was stout!!

Peter Svensson went to Indy like 4 years in a row from 97-00? Best I saw him run then was a 6.14 so he stepped up Huge! Be Great if he and Larry McBride got to match race!

Peter Svensson went to Indy like 4 years in a row from 97-00? Best I saw him run then was a 6.14 so he stepped up Huge! Be Great if he and Larry McBride got to match race!

Hey Joe, he was indeed at Indy in 98 where he went 6.14. I'm not 100% about the other years, will check on that. He ran 5.709 last year. When I get on the computer later ill post a link to the run. There has been talk he may return to the states soon depending on funding.

Mike.

I think they were there only in 1998. The stories are great. Among them a test session together with some nitro cars, Prudhomme was in place and was pretty impressed with the setup and some of the solutions the Brothers had for running nitro.

Another thread but the plan is to go to Manufacturers Cup at Bradenton now in November and go head to head against the best Top Fuel Bikes in the US and Canada.

Regards
PiPPi

I think they were there only in 1998. The stories are great. Among them a test session together with some nitro cars, Prudhomme was in place and was pretty impressed with the setup and some of the solutions the Brothers had for running nitro.

Another thread but the plan is to go to Manufacturers Cup at Bradenton now in November and go head to head against the best Top Fuel Bikes in the US and Canada.

Regards
PiPPi

You sure Par, Yellow Bike with a 2 speed, Blond haired kid in his 30's? Maybe it was someone else, but this Bike I saw at Indy at least twice!

Last edited:
You sure Par, Yellow Bike with a 2 speed, Blond haired kid in his 30's? Maybe it was someone else, but this Bike I saw at Indy at least twice!
Joe, thanks, you're absolutely correct.

Just got a reply from Sören, they were there in 1997 as well as 1998. Thanks for keeping me on my toes.

On another note, this is the 20th anniversary of that bike. The all homemade crankshaft was crafted during the winter of 1992 and was put in use on the tracks in 1993. Noteable is that they've been running that same crankshaft since then.

Regards
PiPPi

Joe, thanks, you're absolutely correct.

Just got a reply from Sören, they were there in 1997 as well as 1998. Thanks for keeping me on my toes.

On another note, this is the 20th anniversary of that bike. The all homemade crankshaft was crafted during the winter of 1992 and was put in use on the tracks in 1993. Noteable is that they've been running that same crankshaft since then.

Regards
PiPPi

Seems those Fuel bikes are more popular abroad then here in the states! pro Star went bankrupt a few years ago, there are maybe 2-3 Fuel bikes left including Larry! Even the Nitro Harley's aren't as plentiful as they once were 10 years ago!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back