John Force......... (1 Viewer)

force fan

Nitro Member
When he came out of his car and fell on the ground, I thought he was having a darn heart attack. That scared the s@it out of me!!!!!!!!!! I hope he didn't get burned too bad.

Like he said, it was his own stupid fault.

It does make you wonder a little bit about Tech though.

I was glad my kids were watching his interview. It really drove home my point that I am constantly trying to make about the importance of taking care of their firesuits.

Wait wait.... John Force green and white car left lane... Cruz Pedregon red and yellow car in the right.... Cruz wins, John has problems and gets all the attention... man, I thought I was watching Dallas 92 all over again!

I was just hoping he didn't break his leg or something that would have kept him from driving the last two races.

I was listening on the audiocast and all they said was something like this:

"John took a bad exit from the car and he fell and hasnt got up yet. He's just laying there and the emergency guys are there. There bringing a strecher."
I was on the edge of my seat thats for sure. Then a huge sigh of relief when they said he was ok and they talked to him.

When he came out of his car and fell on the ground, I thought he was having a darn heart attack. That scared the s@it out of me!!!!!!!!!! I hope he didn't get burned too bad.

I did too Lynn. After watching the Driving Force episode with him seeing the doctor I feared for him. However, before they came back from break, my wife had pulled up NHRA.com and gave me the comforting news.

Also, she made me call Impact today and order a new suit for next year........my current one has a small tear in the back........lol

I did too Lynn. After watching the Driving Force episode with him seeing the doctor I feared for him. However, before they came back from break, my wife had pulled up NHRA.com and gave me the comforting news.

Also, she made me call Impact today and order a new suit for next year........my current one has a small tear in the back........lol

What class do you race in?

That was a lot of drama for a little burn on his leg!
Fodder for the fire.
Larry, this isn't meant as didrespecting you in any way but:
I was burned as a 10 year old. Minor and few remaining scars but since I've been burned there's nothing called a "little burn!" It would easily be the worst torture ever. I was impressed to see him back at the starting line shortly thereafter.

Larry, this isn't meant as didrespecting you in any way but:
I was burned as a 10 year old. Minor and few remaining scars but since I've been burned there's nothing called a "little burn!" It would easily be the worst torture ever. I was impressed to see him back at the starting line shortly thereafter.

AMEN brother. I was about 10 also when I received a rather substantial burn over most of the inside of my leg from a motorcycle. I crashed the thing and it tipped over on me and burned the crap out of my leg from my knee down to nearly my ankle. The problem was, I couldn't get the bike off, so it just sat there for about 30 seconds until someone could get it off me.

The pain goes to your bone it hurts so bad. I remember that night my leg just shaking uncontrollably, and not being able to sleep at all. So yes, I felt for him when he said he was burned, because no matter how "little" it is, a burn seems to radiate throughout your body.

Of course then I got 5 minutes of nagging from my wife about my firesuit after that. I had done the same thing up until last year, I just wore the same worn out suit that had been stitched in places, and really just needed to be thrown away. So I was really stupid with that, because anything can happen, but you just don't think about it. I finally got a new one though, so it's all good now.

AMEN brother. The pain goes to your bone it hurts so bad. I remember that night my leg just shaking uncontrollably, and not being able to sleep at all. So yes, I felt for him when he said he was burned, because no matter how "little" it is, a burn seems to radiate throughout your body.

Many years ago, I worked as a roofer. I got a splash back straight from the Kettle, down my right arm into my glove. I cannot begin to discribe the pain I had until they shot me full of stuff to kill the pain. I still have the scars today.

Everyone should do all they can, to prevent a serious burn.

From comp plus
Written by Bobby Bennett, Photos by Roger Richards; Brian Wood
Wednesday, 04 October 2006

Oh No – Not My MANHOOD – There was a scary moment in the semifinals when 13-time champion John Force exited his burning car and fell limp onto the racing surface. After a few tense moments, he rose to his feet with an obvious injury to his leg.

“I have the greatest firesuit in the world from Simpson…but my old stuff that I laundered was half the weight,” Force said. “My crew guy kept telling me that if I had a fire I was going to get burned. When you’re old…you think you’re Superman. The old heap lit on fire. I thought I had it covered with the fire bottles. It went up my leg.

“The fire usually goes out when you hit the bottles. I jumped out of the car because it was burning me. My body is almost perfect at 57.”

Force began counting points with his leg still ailing.

“I messed it up against Capps,” Force continued. “You and Robert are still on my tail. Good ole Coil and I won a lot of championships on fire,” Force said. “I think God is giving us an omen how it is going to be down to the wire.”

Guess what race fans? Force will have a new firesuit in Las Vegas and he’s still a man.

“I’m going to have to get a new firesuit,” Force added. “They cut up the leg of my firesuit. They kept cutting. I thought they were going to cut my family jewels.”

Last edited:
A little burn?

Doc is correct - no burn injury is little. Burned my forearm on the header of a TF car in 1964 - I still have the scar.
However - Reinhart's interview with John after the incident was hysterical!
If I have this right, John was talking about the medical team cutting the legs off of his firesuit and getting close to the "Family Jewels"!
My wife (big fan of "Driving Force") said that wasn't an issue since John wasn't getting any - :eek:

I've burned my leg severly TWICE in the same spot on a motorcycle exhaust. It took my breath away...both times! I can't even imagine the incineration they go through with fire in those cars. Let alone.....with a 'thin' fire suit from too much laundry (lol btw).

Many years ago, I worked as a roofer. I got a splash back straight from the Kettle, down my right arm into my glove. I cannot begin to discribe the pain I had until they shot me full of stuff to kill the pain. I still have the scars today.

Everyone should do all they can, to prevent a serious burn.

Worse burn ever. I was helping a friend tar the roof of his house. I was on the ground and some tar slopped over. Got some drops on my head, shoulder and back. I didn't see it coming and didn't hear the warning until it was too late. It was quite the shock to be doing something, then out of the blue your on the ground in big time pain wondering what in the hell just happend. Its like not seeing the bee stinging you X 100.

Its possible Force might have been burned on the legs before. He has been through some fires in his day. I imagine a burn on an area he's been burned before makes a "little" burn all the more painfull

Header burns! Nothing like reaching over and hearing the sizzle of of sweat and the sear of a header burn. I've got them on my arms, knuckles, legs, sides...worst was what I was on the ground tightening something and pulled myself up by a HOT header.

I had one on my knee so bad that every time I would bend my knee it would tear and have that goo come out. Yeck.

Shortly after assembling and running our first funny car we all had the tell-tale "inside the leg 4 inches above the ankle" header burns from working in closed quarters. I had a fresh one on each leg and was walking through the pits one day when speaking with another racer who pointed at my legs and said "Hey! You guys running a funny car?" I thought it was rather comical however, for the past half decade I haven't had even one, knock on wood.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back