John Force lost his brakes while staging, will he be DQ'ed like Holden Laris? (1 Viewer)

What happened to Laris was very much unfair and The very dim light showed what a piece of s--t he was in his ruling ( setting a precedent ) now that u feel should be equally enforced for what because force said it on tv that he had the brake issue, see Eugenes take,do u really think he woulda left knowing there were no brakes?
He made the pass even after blowing past his backup guy on the burnout and not being able to hold it at the line, right? And then he admitted on TV twice that he knew his brakes were messed up and they had to fix them between rounds. There's your answer.

That's right ! He stopped the car with no problem. Probably forgot to pump them up. I have seen a lot of fuel cars warm up where they pump the brakes before seating the clutch.
Stopping the car (with parachutes) isn't the issue. The issue is "knowingly racing an unsafe car" which is EXACTLY what he did! He knew his brakes weren't right, admitted it twice on TV and made the pass anyway.

From 2016 rulebook:

3:1 BRAKES
Brakes on each car, regardless of class, must be in good working order

Wasn't something mentioned about how sometimes the clutch can tug harder on the car at the line, making it feel like the brakes aren't holding? Either way the car was able to stop and not just by the chutes. Case closed Brent, find something else to hate on!

Force Haters/Schumacher fanboys make me want to puke. :(
How is wanting the rules to be enforced equally for everyone make me a hater or fanboy of anyone? Since I think JF should have been DQ'd does that automatically make me a Wilk fanboy? Also, since I think Krawiec should have been DQ'd for going in the sand twice with known brake issues, who am I a fanboy of in PSM? :confused:

Nobody knows exactly how the brakes felt except for the guy in the drivers seat.... which is the same guy who's life is on the line if the car doesn't stop before the end of the track. In this particular case it happens to be the guy who has more passes down the drag strip in a nitro funny car than anyone else on the planet. This makes him the leading expert (in my opinion) of "brake feel" with this type of vehicle. He's probably aware that if the car doesn't stop, he could very well die..... yet he still made the pass anyway. This tells me he knew the brakes were good enough to stop the car just fine. Which they did. I honestly don't see a problem.

Wasn't something mentioned about how sometimes the clutch can tug harder on the car at the line, making it feel like the brakes aren't holding? Either way the car was able to stop and not just by the chutes. Case closed Brent, find something else to hate on!
John is the one that said his brakes failed so I'm taking him at his word. If he knew his brakes were failing yet still made a pass anyway then that, using Dim Light's own words to DQ Holden Laris, is "knowingly racing an unsafe car."

How is wanting the rules to be enforced equally for everyone make me a hater or fanboy of anyone? Since I think JF should have been DQ'd does that automatically make me a Wilk fanboy? Also, since I think Krawiec should have been DQ'd for going in the sand twice with known brake issues, who am I a fanboy of in PSM? :confused:

I don't remember naming names, but........................................................................ :D

Brent would you really want a championship potentially decided by the equal enforcement of this rule because it very well may come down to it. Again the prescadent that you are comparing is dog s--t should never had happened

Brent would you really want a championship potentially decided by the equal enforcement of this rule because it very well may come down to it. Again the prescadent that you are comparing is dog s--t should never had happened
What's the point of having rules if they're only going to be enforced some of the time? Isn't the purpose of having rules to provide an equal playing field for everyone?

SC racer had brake issues, goes into the sand and gets DQ'd.
Eddie Krawiec has brake issues, goes into the sand twice, doesn't get DQ'd
John Force has brakes issues, doesn't go into sand, doesn't get DQ'd.

I can't find anything equal about any of those outcomes. All three had brake issues, all three "knowingly raced and unsafe vehicle," but only one got DQ'd for it.

Knowing what a storyteller Force is, I'm thinking he embellished about having no brakes as a reason for the day-late light. He obviously DID have brakes, since he stopped the car after the pass.

What's the point of having rules if they're only going to be enforced some of the time? Isn't the purpose of having rules to provide an equal playing field for everyone?

SC racer had brake issues, goes into the sand and gets DQ'd.
Eddie Krawiec has brake issues, goes into the sand twice, doesn't get DQ'd
John Force has brakes issues, doesn't go into sand, doesn't get DQ'd.

I can't find anything equal about any of those outcomes. All three had brake issues, all three "knowingly raced and unsafe vehicle," but only one got DQ'd for it.

I dont know what the deal with Eddie was but John had no issue with getting the car stopped so unless he hits the wall or actually goes into the sand trap you have no case against Force. And taking Johns word for it....he never ever exaggerates.

Knowing what a storyteller Force is, I'm thinking he embellished about having no brakes as a reason for the day-late light. He obviously DID have brakes, since he stopped the car after the pass.
Holden fixed his brakes for the next round where he was then D.Q..
Force knew he would not get D.Q'd so he didn't worry about what he said.
Brent nice case but a lowly super class racer do not stand a chance against the Force worship lovers.

It's a fair question to ask. I wondered the same thing and was debating a way to ask it that didn't turn into a meltdown thread :)

Judging by the rest of John's interviews yesterday he was even more "out there" than normal. (almost to a worrisome level). I'm thinking he is embellishing the lack of brakes and didn't actually stage the car without any brakes.

I did not watch the race..... but considering how a nitro car stages, if the car did not roll forward after John took his foot off the clutch pedal, then the brakes were working enough to hold the car against the clutch. Which is a fairly decent load. I still dont see a problem....

I had no brakes
I saw Elvis at 1000 feet
I kissed and made up with Tony Pedregon

yeah, I guess he wasn't "embellishing" about having no brakes.....

How about this: The more I think about it, THERE'S NO WAY Force lost his brakes. As common as chute failures are, nobody would do that in a fuel car. I wouldn't even give this another thought.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back