John Force lost his brakes while staging, will he be DQ'ed like Holden Laris? (1 Viewer)

But, according to Force, that's not what happened. He admitted twice on TV that the brakes failed yet he made the pass anyway.

Mark Rebilas just replied to me on FB with this: "I knew something was up when Force blew past crew member waiting to back him up from his burnout."

If brakes failed, he would have been in the sand, wouldn't have got the car even staged. Those cars don't just stop rolling on their own. Force is making it sound dramatic as Force tends to do. I have no doubt that they maybe lost a stall spring in the clutch or something else in the bellhousing that made the car harder to control, but he would have been stopped by either the car behind him or the tower after backing up from the burnout like he did. That's like saying any Blown Top Alcohol car that pulls through the beams while revved up staging has a brake failure. Sometimes the clutch will overcome the brakes.

What backlash? Beyond this thread on this board, I haven't seen it mentioned.

Surely you don't believe the email servers at Glendora only contained Brent's complaint on this issue, do you?? Lol!

The Sportsman racers are a tight knit group. They're made up of many tight knit cliques, but they're tight knit nonetheless. And regardless of whether or not they're right or wrong in their support of Laris, I will again bet the farm..............there was backlash.

I will go further in saying that the more I watch the footage, the more I believe that it was likely Force just being Force. I think he had a brain fart on the starting line and just starting shooting off at the mouth for the sake of drama. It's probably highly unlikely that he was even in the know regarding the issues that went down with Laris, so the ramifications of what ultimately came out of his mouth probably never crossed his mind before, during or even immediately after he said it.

Sean D

When he staged, and got on the brakes the car still rolled forward very slowly. If he didn't have any brakes at all when he staged he would have completely rolled the beams, and red lighted. He stopped the car at the end of the track with no problems. Now the other guy who lost his brakes, went into the sand, thought he had them fixed, but they were spongy going to the staging lanes. He should have turned around, and put his car in the trailer.

When he staged, and got on the brakes the car still rolled forward very slowly. If he didn't have any brakes at all when he staged he would have completely rolled the beams, and red lighted. He stopped the car at the end of the track with no problems. Now the other guy who lost his brakes, went into the sand, thought he had them fixed, but they were spongy going to the staging lanes. He should have turned around, and put his car in the trailer.
Holden fixed his brakes after he went into the sand. The only reason he was d.q'd was almost the same as John where he said his brakes was spongy before he went into the sand. The brake pressure went up and he ran his bye run(which was to the final). During the run, a fitting broke leaving him no brakes. If no one would have said anything about his brakes, nobody would have known what happened before the sand run. They believed him when he said he had brake problems before the run and also had data that proved he had brake pressure before he took the green then dropped when he went to stop after the run. Nobody believes what John said about his brakes before the run.
I wonder if anyone would ask John about that run now, what would be his story.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back