John Force explains Neff hiring (1 Viewer)

I'm not going to say whether hiring Tom Neff is a good or a bad thing. But it seems the up and coming racers are getting fewer and fewer opportunities anymore...:confused:

interesting deal about the other 2 girls and their futures as well

Absolutely amazing article....an excellent read. Yes, very interesting to read about the two younger daughters. I hope they are really committed to this deal, it'll take them a long way.

Did you guys not hear what John Force said? Tasca, JR Todd and all of the other guys have rides. Mike Neff didn't. Eric Medlen didn't. Robert Hight didn't.

I don't understand what you guys are griping about. Force is giving guys with NO chance of driving with anyone else, a chance, and teaching them. Isn't that what this sport is all about?

Mike Neff IS an up and coming racer. To insinuate that he isn't because he is currently a crew chief and not a driver is wrong. He also isn't related to Force and didn't buy his ride. How is this bad? I hope he kicks some @$$!

I think its cool he gets a shot at the driver dream. He knows he has the crew chief gig to fall back on. Looking long term (as someone mentioned on another thread), crew chief spots at JFR may become available, especially when (and if) the younger daughters evolve to the FC (or TF) ranks.

Who's Tom?
He's Mike's uncle.
He has a cabin.

Bobby,
Thanks for all you do for our sport. I, for one, appreciated that article in it's entirety. I have grown to love this guy more and more over the years. I have the hardest time figuring out what it could be about him that some just can't like him? I suppose, in the long run, it boils down to his beating their own favorite F/C driver because he's one heck of a person and the best thing that ever happened to this sport, bar none.

John remembers where he came from and has a big heart to take others with him!

What I cant figure out is after 30 years of racing and 14 Championships he said in the article that he has no idea where a camshaft goes?

I've been at his shop in Yorba Linda and peeked at all the machinery and saw someone milling a blower case at 8:30 at night.... the way he talks he has no idea even how a 4-stroke engine works:confused: I find that hard to believe!

Good article. Thanks for doing it. I really just don't know how someone can't like John Force. Even if he isn't a person's #1 driver - it'd be awful hard to dislike the guy.

I guess I will be the first to ask -
Where was that John said something to the effect of "My daughter will never drive a top fuel car!" I suppose that was just Ashley though.

DLB

Good article. Thanks for doing it. I really just don't know how someone can't like John Force. Even if he isn't a person's #1 driver - it'd be awful hard to dislike the guy.

I guess I will be the first to ask -
Where was that John said something to the effect of "My daughter will never drive a top fuel car!" I suppose that was just Ashley though.

DLB

I remember that too, there was a time when he also thought about making the switch. However with the wing collapse issues and Darrel's death he (like Scelzi) thought the dragsters were much less safe then Funny Cars. After Eric's death that has showed to be less true.

Also if they want to race as pro's the just can't go to Funny car right now. There is a 4 car limit per team. So if all 3 girls race then either John or Hight is out and thats just not going to happen.

I wonder if Ford would think about reinvesting in Pro Stock and using Courtney and/or Brittney there to help give them(ford) imediate exposure.

I'm a frim believer in giving people a chance . In my line of work , I have done that very thing .Sometimes there are people that don't have the experience you are looking for but have other attributes that make them a winner .It's true, if they have the look , the desire ,you can teach them the rest . It's all about opportunities . To help someone better themselves, there's no better feeling in my opinion. "Zippy " will do a great job for JFR and NHRA drag racing as well. :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back