John Buttera passes (1 Viewer)

Keith; I've got CRS, but I think you are close. I believe they worked together on those cars, along with the late Ray Higley who ironically also had the same type of cancer.

That makes two of us Bob, I always understood that Pat was prime with help, not that it matters. Three of the Greats, equally responsible

d'kid

I'm not positive but didn't Pat Foster build the red and Blue MT Mustangs and Didn't Lil John build The monocoque mustang that is in the Museum?

Keith
My bad - after reading your reply I believe YOU are right. Pat Foster was the builder of MT's blue and red mustangs. No disrespect intended to either party. Both Foster and Lil' John represented the best of the best in their endeavors!
Thanks

here is where I first heard of the man.
Hot Rod December 1979
I learned a lot just in the one book.
I think about what I read each time I'm out in the garage working on my cars.
R.I.P.
2fde_1.JPG

I asked this question on the classic funnycar boards, and got this answer;

"Pat Foster built the blue and red Mustang.Little John built the Maverick and Nye Frank built the moncott Mustang"

Jay

The Monocoque car that Buttera built was a TF car for Barry Setzer in the mid 70s. I think Kelly Brown drove it. Teamed with Pat Foster's FC and Bruce Walkers Vega Pro Stock. The car only ran a race or two and was then parked.
Buttera also built Don Prudhomme's early FCs too.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back