Jianna Salinas First Win (1 Viewer)

Luke Nieuwhof

Nitro Member
While Torrence vs Ferre is getting headlines, how about Jianna Salinas' first win? One of the strangest days of Pro Stock Motorcycle in history right there, if not THE strangest. That is taking nothing away from Jianna - you've got to be there cutting green lights every time to take advantage! Great to see her emotion for the win.
What a rollercoaster for Hines, Smith and Savoie...wow.

Met Jianna at the Gatornationals and she's a very sweet young lady. Glad she was able to get the win, you would have to be dead inside to not be happy for her just based on that top end interview alone.

Now give her the power to run with the big guns and watch out. Did notice she was having handling problems, the bike wanted to go left and she had to hang over to get it straight - but never got off the throttle. Wow....

Reminded me of WJ’s last win in St. Louis...he won every round in a fluke.

congrats Jianna!

Last edited:
After having witnessed her go down in Chicago and how shook up they all were back in the pits, i am so happy for her to not only get back on the thing, but pull off the most improbable win of all time. Not only do you beat number 1, 2, and 3 in the points all in the same day... its on championship sunday! And only one pass in the 6's in eliminations. Amazing. I am still concerned that she always seems to be excessively leaning and driving that bike.. but its working.

So cool, she became an instant Superstar today! Team Harley loves her for sure. My heart broke for Jerry though, he's such an awesome racer.

Kinda makes up for the road rash huh?
Congrats to Jianna and Andrew

No kidding right? I had the pleasure of working the timing system at WHP when she showed up and made about 15 runs in 3 days during the warmup event. Where she has come from that point is amazing.

The road that Jianna has ridden this year is one of learning - the hard way...the Mike Salinas way. But, she came to Pomona, drove her ass off, and went home with a Wally. I KNOW Mike was happy about his wins - but I can GUARANTEE he and Monica are more happy about the path Jianna has traveled to earn her first NHRA National Event Victory. Seriously bad ass in my opinion.

She scares me on that bike sometimes but congrats on the win. I always like seeing a first timer get that trophy when they show how much it means to them. Hopefully its a sign of things to come for her and her team

Be curious to see where the Salinas family goes in 2020. Right now, T/F, PSM, T/AD. Maybe a 2 car T/F team?

I hope they find a way to make her bike go straight. Scary to watch. Congrats on the win. Sometimes it's just your day!

Super happy for Ms. Salinas. She has paid her dues the hardest way possible in that class.
Dad needs to sell that bike and start over with a new chassis. Gotta stop that thing from turning right in second gear.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back