Jianna Crash (1 Viewer)

This responsability falls on the failure of the rules committee to get with the tech people before they add weight or let them be able to go faster with engine modifications. It is just like in the Heritage Series 7.0 ET Class for example if a car runs 199.99 MPH one Chute is OK, but 200.00 + it requires 2 chutes.

Last edited:
Roger, I guess you didnt read this part

Multi-time NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle champion Matt Smith, who manages the Salinas Family's Scrapper Racing Pro Stock Bike team, said the cause of the crash came from parts failure, which could not have been diagnosed ahead of time

It's bad enough to have a motorcycle crash but to land it a cactus patch makes it a double ouch!

Roger, I guess you didnt read this part

Multi-time NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle champion Matt Smith, who manages the Salinas Family's Scrapper Racing Pro Stock Bike team, said the cause of the crash came from parts failure, which could not have been diagnosed ahead of time
Yep - I read it and I think Matt is right. My point is that when they kept adding weight to these bikes and they kept going faster the rules didn't keep up with the stress in the parts especially during shutoff when the load suddenly shifts forward. Don't know if SFI is involved in those parts, but someone with expertise should be. You can have the best frame in the world but if the forks take a dump you are in a world of hurt.

Matt Smith seemed to be aware that the forks on that type of bike are a weak spot, so why hadn't he upgraded to stronger forks on that bike?

the class is somewhat interesting now. IMO it was not at all when HD was playing. ...... it's racing. stuff is going to break. can not full-proof everything.

If I crashed twice in a short career time and didn't get hurt I would be thankful and rethink continuing. With her families resources she can drive any class she wants. I always felt safer with a roll cage around me.

Matt Smith seemed to be aware that the forks on that type of bike are a weak spot, so why hadn't he upgraded to stronger forks on that bike?
Looks like NHRA has decided for all of the class:

SECTION 16: PRO STOCK MOTORCYCLE, BRAKES & SUSPENSION:3, SUSPENSION (Page 4) (1/20/2022) Front suspension minimum size: 35mm for OEM-type, 34mm for accepted aftermarket items. Minimum travel: 1 1/2 inches with rider sitting on motorcycle in normal riding position. Rotary/radial Steering dampener mandatory. Linear style steering dampener prohibited. Electronics or pneumatics may in no way affect the front suspension. Any adjustment to front suspension during run prohibited. Rear suspension prohibited.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back