JFNHRA (1 Viewer)

I was waiting for the zoom in close up or a look down from the helicopter to show us the tire track but it never came. They have done this in the past but couldn't do it in the biggest race? Let the conspiracy rage on. It's their own fault.

I was there and it sure looked like he crossed. But the camera shot on TV and photo above were at an angle so could have been ok. Too bad they didn't have a straight on shot from front or back which would have been definitive.

Richards car has a roof camera on it they should have played that back probably shows everything..
I still say the center-line should be just that not center-lines..it still says on nhra.com eliminations
ladder that Force beat Dale Creasy jr. and Richards ran against Cruz...🤫 🏁🏁

You can see it with your own eyes. The reaction from broadcast said it all. And it felt like they “investigating” was geared to how do we justify not DQing the guy who owns and fields 25 percent of the competitive cars at the show. Like let’s stall more and maybe some will forget and the image will be futher back in memory. Surprised they didn’t say well we found no oil or engine shrapnel in that lane so he didn’t cross over .

Yeah right, and they wouldn't have extended the same "courtesy" to DSR either?? Unless you saw it with your own eyes there, you only saw what the TV wanted you to see.

I was there and it sure looked like he crossed. But the camera shot on TV and photo above were at an angle so could have been ok. Too bad they didn't have a straight on shot from front or back which would have been definitive.
Exactly why I said 'you be the judge". I sure as hell didn't want to call it.... :oops:

The picture I posted clearly shows the back end of Force's car over the line - way over. But due to the angle it's nearly impossible to determine where the tire was. It LOOKS like it crossed over but zoom shots from a long ways off and a less than definitive angle often distort things.

I agree with one thing - nobody can hold Force responsible. By the tone of his voice, you could tell he wasn't sure. There wasn't any "I know I didn't cross that damn centerline; let all the John Force Racing haters bitch, who cares, blah blah..." It was more like "I don't believe I did; I hope the officials will bear me out." Dave Richards is the only person who might have gotten screwed and that's not good, but at least the event winner wasn't determined by a possible bad call. Best to just move on from it.

It is impossible to judge from that pic. The tire is on the inside of the body and you can't see it. I have seen many cars I thought had went over until I saw the marks and they didn't. Here is a YouTube video that someone shot that shows the actual tire between 4.20 and 4.24 and I didn't see the tire over the line.

Last edited:
It is impossible to judge from that pic. The tire is on the inside of the body and you can't see it. I have seen many cars I thought had went over until I saw the marks and they didn't. Here is a YouTube video that someone shot that shows the actual tire between 4.20 and 4.24 and I didn't see the tire over the line.
Didnt look like it crossed to me. Hard to tell about the front tire

Last edited:
As has been stated, the headers and body on FCs can hang out over the centerline, while the tires can ride the line without crossing. I really don't believe NHRA would've let Force get away with that. Man, after what was a pretty damn good race, that I was happy to attend, in spite of the Saturday washout, once again most posts and threads here are from what must be grumpy old men looking for something to complain about. And please, I know there are many things that the sport and NHRA need to work on, but geez, am I the only one who enjoyed this race? I'll answer that, no, because there were thousands of others that were there actually having a great time.

As has been stated, the headers and body on FCs can hang out over the centerline, while the tires can ride the line without crossing. I really don't believe NHRA would've let Force get away with that. Man, after what was a pretty damn good race, that I was happy to attend, in spite of the Saturday washout, once again most posts and threads here are from what must be grumpy old men looking for something to complain about. And please, I know there are many things that the sport and NHRA need to work on, but geez, am I the only one who enjoyed this race? I'll answer that, no, because there were thousands of others that were there actually having a great time.
I have found in myself (and others), it is all too easy to complain than to mention the good things in life. Every time I get irritated with my job, I think of fact I'm employed and make a good living. A lot of people don't have that, so that makes me rethink things, that I am well off. Same idea applies to drag racing. Easier to complain about the NHRA than to mention "hey, at least we still have drag racing!"

If that was in a spot where a timing block was, and it got punted.... DQ.
My question for NHRA, why just the couple of feet around a timing block is the only place where a car body or header can be over, (not the tire) ?
To me it doesn't make sense, a car is over or it isn't, tire or not.

Well, we took care of that in the second round. 😉🏆🥇

Attachments

• 20210905_172315.jpg
    20210905_172315.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 31
Well, we took care of that in the second round. 😉🏆🥇
Even though I had John picked to win in the PTW it was worth my points loss to see Wilk and crew win it all. I will never forget in 1998 when Wilk drove the JCIT funny car, he picked me up at the airport in Springfield IL after the Winternationals and on the way to his house he saw an old tom cat in a field and I ended up chasing that cat in 2 foot of snow in shorts and tennis shoes only to find out it wasn't his cat. Even though he won't admit it I still think he did that on purpose. :)

Last edited:
That’s not even the best pic. Just before that the whole right rear was over the line. Like Andy said, if there’s not drive to the rear tires, the “black tracks” can stop...there should be a single, solid line does the middle, period. You touch it, your DQ’d...way too many variables out there now

That’s not even the best pic. Just before that the whole right rear was over the line. Like Andy said, if there’s not drive to the rear tires, the “black tracks” can stop...there should be a single, solid line does the middle, period. You touch it, your DQ’d...way too many variables out there now
I have an idea: put a row of sharp spikes down the center of the track. That would take care of all the speculation and accusations. Problem solved!

Last edited:
I enjoyed the race very much, in my opinion, it may have been the best race of the year so far. It had everything you wanted in a drag race, upsets, close races, emotions (Angelle talking about Louisiana, Laughlin choking up over winning a round win in Top Fuel) a low budget team winning Funny Car and of course, controversy with Force and the center line incident.
As I stated in a previous post, I would've bet money he crossed the center line. But that was from the comfort of my Lazy-Boy, I didn't walk the track like an NHRA official and said he didn't cross, then he didn't cross. End of story.
I'm not a Force fan, but I got to say the guy can handle a funny Car.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back