It's almost Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale time! (1 Viewer)

BaldyLochs

Nitro Member
The action starts January 12!!

A couple drag race cars are registered... WJ's '87 Firenza Pro Stocker, Mike Ashley's special Eric Blake Faulkner '07 Dodge Charger nitro funny car, and an off-shore racing catamaran boat, not to mention one of the actual "General Lee" cars from the Dukes Of Hazzard!

Last edited:
Re: I support the Countdown!!!

Scared me there Chris....

thought you went over to 'The Dark Side'...

d'kid

Good lord I was about to set up an intervention for ya:)

There, I changed the title to this thread. I read it again just now and thought, "what the hell was I thinking!" I hope Ashley's car really brings in some bacon for the charity. I assume Mike will be there when it goes through.

It still says "I support the Countdown"!!!

Step away from the brake cleaner!!!:D

Mike's Car Will Be On Jan 19 2008 Lot #1330 Sat Between 5 And 8 Eastern .it Going To Be Awesome Lots Of Money For A Great Cause

I will have to fire up the espresso machine at my house! Every year I get sucked into it! I am afraid I will miss something really cool.

There is also that annoying yelling that the bidding assistants do. One guy sounds like Howard Dean!!! In case you need to hear it again, here it is!!! YouTube - Howard Dean :D

A real cool event....I have a 61 Vette entered and expect it to go for some extra lunch money in my pocket...

Wow, that's a phone-y looking avatar, Suzie Q!:D

that avatar is compliments of my sister in law, Kim! I wasn't able to go to Michigan for Christmas, so she blew up the picture of me from their wedding and put me on a stick so that I would be in all the pictures! "Suzie on a Stick"!!! That was when they were calling me! She is sooo creative!:D

that avatar is compliments of my sister in law, Kim! I wasn't able to go to Michigan for Christmas, so she blew up the picture of me from their wedding and put me on a stick so that I would be in all the pictures! "Suzie on a Stick"!!! That was when they were calling me! She is sooo creative!:D

Is that a stick or a pole?:)

"Suzie -on-a-stick"!!! Sorry, I am not a "pole" kinda girl!:D

If I ever get to D/FW area, can I buy a "Suzie-Q-on-a-stick" at one of your shows?

Maybe we could auction it off and donate the precedes to DRAW???????

hey, just a thought, I have sooooooooo few...

d'kid

Yes, Aunt Kim Ann is very creative. I know they were looking forward to you coming out. We didn't get to go out to Michigan either. But Kim and Jon did get to see my little sis.

Suzie...Thanks for the interest..Lot# is 971..I am not a real big fan of that auction house but they get some of the wealthiest car collectors in the country bidding on almost every car that is 'for sale'..
I have a 74 Vega Jenkins ex-Pro Stock car I am currently re-storing and wanted that vehicle in the auction but car is a little more challenging to restore than I thought and will have to wait..

The action starts January 12!!

A couple drag race cars are registered... WJ's '87 Firenza Pro Stocker, Mike Ashley's special Eric Blake Faulkner '07 Dodge Charger nitro funny car, and an off-shore racing catamaran boat, not to mention one of the actual "General Lee" cars from the Dukes Of Hazzard!

Got an "Invitation" from Barrett-Jackson to attend as an "All Access" Bidder.
All you need to do is provide a $30,000 line of credit, pay $400 for a Bidder's Pass (which gets you on the floor - perhaps within 500 feet of the stage) and $1500 for access to the stage and Skybox. You do get free food and beverages and a very nice parking spot - :rolleyes: This event is not for the financially faint of heart!
Hopefully, the Faulkner Foundation Charger will be the featured charity car this year. The CNN Hummer that was updated by Chip for the foundation that benefits wounded veterans and their families brought $1,250,000 last year. If the Faulkners, Chip, Evan and Mike are there, this could be huge!
I'm hoping for a very good bidding battle!

I can't imagine the emotions that play out there. Me & my Dad were partners on a '37 Chevy Street Rod several years ago, which we ran through the Kruse auction in Oklahoma City. We had connections, and the vehicle was actually a featured car in all the pre-advertising, it was pictured on the tickets, we had a prime slot, and choice display area. When it came on the block, Dean Kruse gave a long speal about the car, they held it on the block for an extra long time. I was an emotional wreck. Trying to listen to the PA, I had 2 or 3 bidders asking me questions right there on the block, the camera is on you, seeing yourself on the big screen, seeing the high bid number rising, thinking how much you need out of it, contemplating pulling the reserve, hearing the bidders assistants yell, seeing people nodding in the crowd..... it was very fast paced.
Of course that was childs play compared to the Barrett-Jackson. I can't imagine running a big money car through there.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back