Is there anyway of finding a cheap true hemi v8 (1 Viewer)

Mooseman

Nitro Member
Im a huge hemi v8 fan , im wanting to build something maybe a little altered or something to get into drag racing . my dream is to oneday have a nitro funny car to tune and race but since I have pretty much no money I have to start somewhere . Are there any places to find hemi v8's for reasonable prices?

Im a huge hemi v8 fan , im wanting to build something maybe a little altered or something to get into drag racing . my dream is to oneday have a nitro funny car to tune and race but since I have pretty much no money I have to start somewhere . Are there any places to find hemi v8's for reasonable prices?

You might want to take a look at the classifieds over at insidetopalcohol.com You can probably piece together a late hemi for pretty cheap. There are alot of parts for sale that aren't good enough to run in an alcohol car at high HP but would be OK for a lower HP application. Lots of heads, mags fuel pumps etc

Are the old original cast iron hemi's like the 354's, 392's , and 426's expensive to find . I don't need something fancy just something I can use to build something to get into drag racing . Im kinda broke when it comes to money but im willing to save and save and save , whatever it takes to get on the path to fulfilling my dream.

Are the old original cast iron hemi's like the 354's, 392's , and 426's expensive to find . I don't need something fancy just something I can use to build something to get into drag racing . Im kinda broke when it comes to money but im willing to save and save and save , whatever it takes to get on the path to fulfilling my dream.

Might want to check this site out.

TheHemi.com :: Index

Crazy

There are still some deals to be found on some old stock 354-392 hemis that I see advertised. Iron 426s are very rare and expensive when they show up for sale. If you are just starting out racing, maybe a chevrolet might be the way to go. TYhey are not as cool looking as a hemi, but they are cheap and durable.

There are still some deals to be found on some old stock 354-392 hemis that I see advertised. Iron 426s are very rare and expensive when they show up for sale. If you are just starting out racing, maybe a chevrolet might be the way to go. TYhey are not as cool looking as a hemi, but they are cheap and durable.

Over there in american they might be cheap but not here in New Zealand . V8 parts are quite expensive here and even more expensive if you are wanting a whole motor . Im a mopar fan and I love the hemi v8 engine wich is why I want that.

I may be a huge hemi fan but I think ill just get started with a big block chevy . I can get those pretty cheap here .

Try locating an old 413 motored car and bore it, that was the old trick for a "Semi Hemi" a 413 motor was/is the poor mans hemi.

Try locating an old 413 motored car and bore it, that was the old trick for a "Semi Hemi" a 413 motor was/is the poor mans hemi.

If your talking about the Max Wedge 413, forget it. They are more money than a Hemi because they are so rare. I'm a Mopar guy with 3 440s, but you can't beat the hosepower to dollars a BB Chevy gets you.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back