Indy Explosion (1 Viewer)

Me and a friend were wondering if the Chevy body Bob was running was one of the first versions that were a bit weak across the nose?... Didn't Densham and a couple other that had issues with them cracking or breaking right across the front over the front wheels?

Bob's boomer was big ..but a few seemed a big more massive than his was.. thats what got us wondering...

Billy

I remember Del Worsham and TJ jr (Skoal) having problems with that, they both launched bodies in a similar fashon. Also, I agree, I don't think that was as bad as Tascas or Ashleys latest boomers, but, hard to say.

Last edited:
Me and a friend were wondering if the Chevy body Bob was running was one of the first versions that were a bit weak across the nose?... Didn't Densham and a couple other that had issues with them cracking or breaking right across the front over the front wheels?

Bob's boomer was big ..but a few seemed a big more massive than his was.. thats what got us wondering...

Billy

That was a new body he got from Wilkerson after the world finals last year and it was tinned and mounted over the winter. The blue box recorded 79 vertical gs.

I remember Del Worsham and TJ jr (Skoal) having problems with that, they both launched bodies in a similar fashon. Also, I agree, I don't think that was as bad as Tascas or Ashleys latest boomers, but, hard to say.
Paul I agree Ashley and Tasca had big boomers and they had a lot more fire. The only thing that Bode could save off his body was the wing / side window / tin and some of the tree. The burst panel was still good but we all signed it and gave it to him that night for his birthday.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back