If you had to choose.. Stock or Super Stock? (2 Viewers)

If you had to choose one, would you prefer Stock or Super Stock?
I started build a 85 camaro superstock GT with a 1966 283 years ago. Loss interest(and money lol) but one day I will finish it. I must say not to many things sound better than a AA/AH hemi car at 1,000'

Super Stock. I'm such a glutton for punishment that I'm building two, with one to roll out at a Divisional in a few weeks as long as testing goes okay.
that's great, two cars, hope you do well with both......what are you building, if you care to share?

Cant go wrong with either, but If I were to build a car I would build something oddball that you do not see too often. I know I always thought about my first car, 4 door '89 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera would fit into D or EF/SA with very little modifications. One of my favorite stockers I have ever seen was Bryan Broddaus several years ago when he had a '71 Monte Carlo that did wheelstands. To watch that tank carry the front end was bitchin! Building maybe an 4-4-2 to do the same thing would be the coolest ever.

Station wagons are cool Stock & S/S cars. 50% weight distribution in stock configuration can make a pretty good race car. When I was a kid, you had to have a 2 door car, no 4 doors or wagons or trucks. But today..... OK, W/SA Pinto wagon......

last evening for the cash and trophies at the jegs sportsnationals......thank you to whoever for the free, live youtube coverage yesterday. it was great.
STK - B/SA heads up final. tyler bohannon's vette chased down houston raikes for the win......tyler had him covered by .20
SS - earnie neal in his unique chevy caprice welded mark nowicki on the line, then proceeded to take too much stripe and hand nowicki the win
really great story with super gas winner. jesse fritts is a bracket racer and never ran an nhra event before. enters this jeg's race and wins SG in first try,
and treed heavy hitter david morris in the final for the win. i don't think i've ever been so excited watching a super class racer.

Speaking of Slo Rollers..... Gary Hampton, Tempe AZ, 1986 Cavalier, (V-6??) Q #29 at Denver, 16.23 ET. I have seen this car run at Wild Horse and I think it runs high 15's.

Speaking of Slo Rollers..... Gary Hampton, Tempe AZ, 1986 Cavalier, (V-6??) Q #29 at Denver, 16.23 ET. I have seen this car run at Wild Horse and I think it runs high 15's.
i would believe it probably does at lower altitude.......the listed CF/S record for 1/4 mile is 15.60
doing a little math says the nat. index is 16.58, so anything in the 15.60 - 15.80 range in this class will put you in the running for one those small wally's.
and here's the waaay cool aspect of stock.......tomorrow gary hampton will take on mike rezny driving a FS/D challenger who Q with a 10.493.
gary and his cavalier will have almost a six second head start, and mike will have to sit there and watch him get waaaaay out there before his tree comes down,
and then try to cut killer light so hopefully he will catch him just before the line, dump and take the stripe by a foot or so.......oh wait, mike had a bad light, and gary had a great one.
mike took the stripe but broke out, and the challenger is sent packing by the mighty cavalier! ........ or the challenger catches him by 1200' and dumps and takes an easy victory.
if i was there tomorrow, this is one race that would be worth watching.

Car#-Driver(Opp'nt)-RT-----ET-- Speed-----Car#-Driver(Opp'nt)-RT-----ET-- Speed
5119 Mike Rezny 5824 Gary Hampton
E1 0.272 10.445 127.59 ****WINNER**** 0.132 16.147 81.99
FS/D Dial: 10.49 (+/-): -0.045 CF/S Dial: 16.19 (+/-): -0.043
Qualified: #11 10.493 -0.777 #29 16.233 -0.347

gary cut the light and took out the hard charging dodge flying past him 45.6mph greater speed. gary less by 2 thou on the double breakout.
gary was beat in rnd 2 by brenda grubbs; she is past rnd 3 and still in show today (sunday)

Last edited:
Not into that stuff
Ignore the like; accidental entry. Not that I dislike what you said....

I think that stuff is a lot more interesting at a local track when there's not a bunch of fuel cars, Pro Mods, TS and the like. Kind of takes the interest away from a 15 second Cavalier....

I once raced our local 1/8 mile track champion in a semifinal match (me, a low 6 second Vega wagon; he, a stock but absolutely deadly low 12 second 1975 Buick Electra. No one in the house believed I'd catch a green light..that's a 6 second wait. But at the hit I never paid a bit of attention to the person in the other lane or what their dial was. Just concentrated on my light. I could have been running Matt Hagen. Ran about .02 off my dial with a teenage light; he didn't and that was that. I got the usual 15 excuses....LOL

Lost the final; the transbrake wire came off the switch, turning it into an instant footbraker.

Ignore the like; accidental entry. Not that I dislike what you said....

I think that stuff is a lot more interesting at a local track when there's not a bunch of fuel cars, Pro Mods, TS and the like. Kind of takes the interest away from a 15 second Cavalier....

I once raced our local 1/8 mile track champion in a semifinal match (me, a low 6 second Vega wagon; he, a stock but absolutely deadly low 12 second 1975 Buick Electra. No one in the house believed I'd catch a green light..that's a 6 second wait. But at the hit I never paid a bit of attention to the person in the other lane or what their dial was. Just concentrated on my light. I could have been running Matt Hagen. Ran about .02 off my dial with a teenage light; he didn't and that was that. I got the usual 15 excuses....
back when I was running brackets a long wait never affected me but whin I had to give a couple hundreds I usually blew it. Watching my light but seeing slight movement next door screwed me

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back