I have never heard of NHRA doing this! (1 Viewer)

Toejam

Nitro Member
I Gyped this off of Yellowbullet;

"I went to the springnationals last month. ordered tickets over the phone and had a great day. i had an envelope yesterday from hrp with a letter thanking for attending and 5 comp tickets for the div 4 race there next month with a statement that if i needed more comp tickets for my party to just call them. this was the first time in the 10 yrs i have went that i ordered my tickets instead of buying at the window the day of the race. planning on going at least 1 day cause i always enjoyed going to the division race in hallsville(r.i.p.) back in the day. i was just curious if the other nhra event tracks do the same. even tho it will be hot as hell, or maybe hotter, i want to go cause i like sportsman racing probably more than the pro classes."

Nowalk does the same thing....it's more a function of the track owners/operators than NHRA

Division races, in most markets, aren't usually that well attended. This is a very clever way to get more butts in the seats. I'm sure they are hoping that those with free tickets will bring more paying spectators with them. Great idea on their part.

I go to 10 races a year, that has never happened to me! Maybe cause I travel to all my races instead of living locally.

PC Richard & Son did free Tickets to last year's points Race & E-town as well, I didn't use it because you had to come in after a certain time and I was working announcing with Lewis throughout that weekend.

Division races, in most markets, aren't usually that well attended. This is a very clever way to get more butts in the seats. I'm sure they are hoping that those with free tickets will bring more paying spectators with them. Great idea on their part.

Yep. And many of those extra butts in the seats will buy hot dogs, drinks and souvenirs..........;)

They should've been doing this with Divisionals for years. You could let everyone into them for free and I would have to bet that the spike in the aforementioned sales would outweigh the current format of next-to-no butts in the seats @ $25 a hit at the end of the weekend. Heavy traffic should make the marketing end of things come around as well if the potential sponsors would see that their logos would actually be seen by someone.

Come to think of it, this approach wouldn't be a bad idea for the big show. After all, them stands are lookin' pretty thin these days :(. Free would never happen, obviously, but like someone said in a thread a while back, maybe have a "Half-Price Nationals". The results would probably scare the bean counters to death.

Sean D

I think its certain tracks. As said before Norwalk has done for for awhile. I've had freebies a few times. hell I didn't even but national event tickets and norwalk sent me some to the D3 race

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back