I have failed you (1 Viewer)

vegasnitro

Nitro Member
So I am watching the NHRA eliminations show last night and they show a commercial for the Nostalgia meet at LVMS (which was already over by the time they ran the commercial). I had no idea there was a meet in Vegas this past weekend, it completely went underneath my radar. I could have went and got some pics and put up a generic facsimile of Randy Baker's "What I Did Last Weekend" stories.

According to LVMS's website, Bugg won in the Lil Nate flopper and Mendy Fry crashed in the finals, but she is OK.

Sorry guys.

I was thinking about going; kind of glad I didn't now; it sounds like there wasn't much worth seeing as far as AA/FC; it would have been nice to get a look at Jack Harris' new ride though. The Tucson race this coming Saturday should kick some major ass; among other things, the Worshams are supposed to be there with "Blue Max"; should be a much bigger car count too. Nitro Funny Cars doing a Chicago-style shootout at night; I'm definitely making the trip for that one!

It seems like there is a little bit of disorganization going on.
I don't know.
Looks like there was a competeing nostalgia deal going on at Bakersfield at the same time also.

While we were at Vegas for the National, there was a nostalgia event at Sacramento raceway called "Funny car fever". That should have been on another weekend for better attendance.

Wish the nostalgia groups would coordinate with eachother.

I don't think having the NHRA race in Vegas made much difference; Funny Car Fever had a great car count and it was packed with spectators; there wasn't room to fit too many more people. The Vegas deal from this past weekend is a whole can of worms that I don't want to open; I'm just a fan who wants to see a good show so I'll keep my two cents to myself and wish everyone the best; there are plenty of other websites where you can go to if you want to follow that drama. Funny Car Fever II is on Saturday in Tucson; it'll be interesting to see how it turns out; I know I'll be there for sure.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back