The Day After The PDA-Irwindale-July 16 (1 Viewer)

TopFuel@Lions

Nitro Member
The fun for the weekend did not end after the historic PDA the night before at Lions. Once again Doug Kruse got together with Irwindale Raceway for a big Sunday AA/FD show. Giving the Fuelers another chance to make off with some So-Cal $$$.

I had no clue we were going to go racing, my dad asked me about 9:00am Sunday morning, did ya get your fill last night at Lions? Like a smart-alek I said, heck no I could go for more nitro,lol. He said ok son, get yourself ready, we are going to Irwindale!! Yahoo!

This was a Top Fuel, Fuel Altered, Jr. Fuel, and various Gas class event. There were 29 "premium" AA/FDs' in the house. We barely made it for qualifying. The Sunday afternoon meet was well attended After working over some of Irwindale's fine Hamburgers, another great dragster meet went down on a hot day.

Top Fuel Winner*Chuck Kurzawa In the Ramchargers beat James Warren
Top Gas Winner* Billy "the kid" Scott smoked Tommy Larkin
Jr. Fuel Winner*Bill Burkhart

Top Fuel Low ET.*Bivens & Fisher-7.11

Now after this day Dad and I were whooped, 2 days and a couple hundred Top Fuel runs, we had our fill, what a glorious time that July weekend, 1967.

TopFuel@Lions

Another thing about these 2 days was the fact there was a scant amount of oil downs. Push started AA/FD were a spectacle and just built incredible excitement.

[email protected] Nic's Coffee Shop after the races, awesome!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back