I Can't Believe It!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

hahah.....you have NO idea how often I throw drag racing lingo into my every day convos. ;)

I was told that Jet dryers were at it EARLY Sunday morning, they had to burn a TON of Jet fuel this weekend.

It was definitely the first time I have ever seen helicopter's being used to dry the track.

I’ve seen them use a helicopter at Brainerd at least once. It’s been many years since I’ve seen it and I don’t remember if it was for a national, divisional or local bracket event but it DID happen.

It might have been the “Paul Bunyan Land” helicopter….. who knows. Another historic place that has been bulldozed to make room for new business’s.

I’ve seen them use a helicopter at Brainerd at least once. It’s been many years since I’ve seen it and I don’t remember if it was for a national, divisional or local bracket event but it DID happen.

It might have been the “Paul Bunyan Land” helicopter….. who knows. Another historic place that has been bulldozed to make room for new business’s.

I remember that too, Brian. I think it was a national event from the late eighties, and it was indeed the Paul Bunyan Land helo.

I seem to remember the owner was ready to retire anyway. I wonder where the B-25 went?

I remember that too, Brian. I think it was a national event from the late eighties, and it was indeed the Paul Bunyan Land helo.

I seem to remember the owner was ready to retire anyway. I wonder where the B-25 went?

David,

I’m glad I’m not the only one who remembers seeing them use a helicopter to dry the track. Every time I mention it to my friends (which isn’t very often) they all look at me like I’m nuts!!

As I typed my original reply I was wondering the same thing about the B-25. I think I remember seeing a Brainerd newspaper article with a picture of the B-25 on a flatbed semi truck but I don’t remember where they took it. :)

Well in back to back weekends I have both seen things I never thought I would see. The right lane being completly redone at San Antonio's IHRA race last weekend and then this weekend with the helicopter. I wonder if the Angels are going to bust out there fancy copter the next bracket race we have when it rains? I think not!

Bye the way, on a gross note. Heres a story from the Houston national.

The lines were long for the bathroom and the port o cans so as I was walking bye a man cut in line in front of lady and a young child, so the the 3 guys next in line decided to teach him a lesson. They barrel rolled the port o can 3 or 4 times. Needless to say and to spare yall all the gross details, it was a smelly mess and I bet the guy NEVER cuts in line again.

The lines were long for the bathroom and the port o cans so as I was walking bye a man cut in line in front of lady and a young child, so the the 3 guys next in line decided to teach him a lesson. They barrel rolled the port o can 3 or 4 times. Needless to say and to spare yall all the gross details, it was a smelly mess and I bet the guy NEVER cuts in line again.

Now, THAT is FUNNY, lol!

On a related note, I was driving down the freeway today and the guy ahead of me throws a handful of trash out his window. Wish I had the three guys above with me, we coulda pulled the guy over and filled his car with trash. Little things that piss me off....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back