How does the IHRA get insurance for 1/4 Mile TF racing? (1 Viewer)

Toejam

Nitro Member
I was told that NHRA can NO longer get insurance for TF/FC running 1/4 mile under the current rules! Yet IHRA continues to run 1/4 mile? What am I missing here?

I was told that NHRA can NO longer get insurance for TF/FC running 1/4 mile under the current rules! Yet IHRA continues to run 1/4 mile? What am I missing here?

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain ! lmao....just keep drinking the NHRA Kool-Aid , put on your best ruby slippers, click them heels together 3 times and repeat after me : "there's no race like 1000 ft.....there's no race like 1000 ft...."

What are you missing? Maybe it's because IHRA is no longer offering 1/4 mile TF/FC RACING. What they have is a 1/4 mile TF/FC EXHIBITION show. Perhaps it's a clever end-run around a sticky insurance situation. Or they have a better carrier who understands that IHRA TF is considerably slower than NHRA TF...

What are you missing? Maybe it's because IHRA is no longer offering 1/4 mile TF/FC RACING. What they have is a 1/4 mile TF/FC EXHIBITION show. Perhaps it's a clever end-run around a sticky insurance situation. Or they have a better carrier who understands that IHRA TF is considerably slower than NHRA TF...

What difference does 320 MPH mean in an exhibition or racing? You don't think it's "Risky" to go over 320 MPH as an exhibition? What did that happen?

320 mph doesn't make much of a difference whether it's exhibition or racing. I'm just saying that maybe that's the dodge for the I. And how many IHRA TF can run that anyway? Litton, King for sure but the rest probably not. So maybe it's point #2 that although they do run the whole 1/4, they're 15-20 mph slower than NHRA spec cars and at these speeds, that makes a ton of difference.

320 mph doesn't make much of a difference whether it's exhibition or racing. I'm just saying that maybe that's the dodge for the I. And how many IHRA TF can run that anyway? Litton, King for sure but the rest probably not. So maybe it's point #2 that although they do run the whole 1/4, they're 15-20 mph slower than NHRA spec cars and at these speeds, that makes a ton of difference.

Your missing my point, I was told by an NHRA official that under the current rules NHRA can NO longer get insurance for 1/4 racing in the Fuel classes! How many insurance companies insure auto racing? I bet very few, I think there's a lot of looking the other way here.

Hmm... so are you suggesting that perhaps IHRA (and local non-affiliated tracks doing match races) don't have insurance coverage for nitro cars? Scary thought, that... Or that their insurance carrier is looking the other way...?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back