How do you think Shawn Langdon will do this year? (1 Viewer)

none

Nitro Member
It sounds like Brian Husen will be leading Shawn's team this year. Should be interesting and fun year!! Any thoughts?????

They picked up some guys from other teams as well. Hopefully they can find that .03-.06 they have been missing.

no news yet on 2024 plans for mac savage? also, what about mark denner who i believe is already w/kalitta on doug's car?
could he move over to shawn's car?

The cars are supposed to be as close to the same as possible. Should get double the usable data.............

The cars are supposed to be as close to the same as possible. Should get double the usable data.............

That has been the theory for many years for a lot of teams, but I think reality has proven that all that extra data only goes so far when no matter how identical the cars are, and how identical the set-ups are, the cars just don't always perform the same. And, Crew Chiefs on the same team don't always share information about their set-ups with each other like we would think. Read Prudhomme's book about what a pain in the ass it was working with various Crew Chiefs over the years, and how they would frequently compete with their own team cars by not sharing information and parts with the other team.

That has been the theory for many years for a lot of teams, but I think reality has proven that all that extra data only goes so far when no matter how identical the cars are, and how identical the set-ups are, the cars just don't always perform the same. And, Crew Chiefs on the same team don't always share information about their set-ups with each other like we would think. Read Prudhomme's book about what a pain in the ass it was working with various Crew Chiefs over the years, and how they would frequently compete with their own team cars by not sharing information and parts with the other team.
Seemed to work pretty good with Capco......

Seemed to work pretty good with Capco......

Yes, as always there are some exceptions. But Capco had a different dynamic with their two-car team. And, seems to me Capco also proved that you can win a Championship while primarily running just one car. Less distractions with one car vs 2 or 3 or 4 cars. And if the two-car team concept was always such a home run, I would think we would have seen Langdon's dragster finish much closer to Doug's car than it did in 2023.

Yes, as always there are some exceptions. But Capco had a different dynamic with their two-car team. And, seems to me Capco also proved that you can win a Championship while primarily running just one car. Less distractions with one car vs 2 or 3 or 4 cars. And if the two-car team concept was always such a home run, I would think we would have seen Langdon's dragster finish much closer to Doug's car than it did in 2023.
Nope. They (Langdon-Kalitta) were set up completely different.........

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back