Houston ADRL Pix and Link (1 Viewer)

Rusty

Nitro Member
Well, last weekend I finally got ot dust off the gear. I headed out to Houston Raceway Park to merge two passions...drag racing and photography. The race was sanctioned by ADRL, so the big names and vehicle you're used to seeing from me won't be included until the March NHRA event in a couple weeks.

Scariest moment of the event for me was Charles Carpenter's crash. I'm not real proud of my shots of it as unfortunately I was caught off guard. Charles managed to escape with a cracked vertebrae.

To see all my shots from the event, here's a link

adrl_dragplooza_2009 Photo Gallery by Russell Brown at pbase.com

110185607.jpg

110185529.jpg

110185634.jpg

110185604.jpg

Neat pics! Thanx for sharing them!
Maybe you're not all that happy with your crash pics, but they give me a sense of scale..... something other pics of the same incident on other websites didn't.
I can really get a much better scope and magnitude of the energy involved.
thx again

Man, I HATE to see that happen to Charles. He is such a nice guy. Glad he wasn't hurt worse and, by looking at those pics, he got lucky.

Thanks!

Great photos! Thank you for sharing!! It's amazing that you got the photos you did of Carpenter's crash, as quickly as those happen in "real time". What kind of camera are you using?

So glad Carpenter will be okay after healing - it's so awful to see someone crash! :(

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back