House on Fox (1 Viewer)

Kati

Nitro Member
Anyone see the episode last night?

Hollywood's take on drag racing....just kills me.

Did you see the dragsters? I didn't know my SC/QR dragster could run 4.54! LOL They even showed the girl shifting it.....what a HOOT!

It's like they used a cross between a SC/TAD...with TF 1/4 mile numbers.

Yeah right........

Hey, it's fiction. The 4.5-second run took about 15 seconds of air time from start to finish, and the "winner" made up about half a car length in the last 300 feet.

At least I recognized the track and the sponsors.

The medical plot was as screwy as the drag race action - doctor fakes polio symptoms in a patient so he can draw attention to his low-cost cure for the disease? Yeah, how many millions could the driver sue for after that obvious case of malpractice? Probably enough to fund a real Top Fuel dragster!!

Hey, it's fiction. The 4.5-second run took about 15 seconds of air time from start to finish, and the "winner" made up about half a car length in the last 300 feet.

At least I recognized the track and the sponsors.

The medical plot was as screwy as the drag race action - doctor fakes polio symptoms in a patient so he can draw attention to his low-cost cure for the disease? Yeah, how many millions could the driver sue for after that obvious case of malpractice? Probably enough to fund a real Top Fuel dragster!!

Kinda reminds me of the action sequences in that all time hit action flick Right on Track!!!! Those Jr runs had more lead changes than ANY nascar race I have ever seen!

Boy you both have very good points!!

I agree with both of you.

Must have been that high-speed lean out button..;)...she had to make her go like that in the last 300ft....lol...or maybe she just kicked on the afterburner. You know...I'm almost surprised they didn't go there based on how they filmed everything else.

Sometimes I really like that show...and others...like last night, get a little weird.

Noticed a lot of K&N....wonder what track that was? Anyone recognize it? I'm sure it's way out west somewhere...and I'm assuming CA...but not sure.

Right on Track? Yeah the part that always stuck with me was the crash scene....and having to be cut out of the car in the sand trap. It's been so long since I've seen it....can't remember too much of it.

Kinda reminds me of the action sequences in that all time hit action flick Right on Track!!!! Those Jr runs had more lead changes than ANY nascar race I have ever seen!

and them things leave hard!!! until that movie i had never seen a jr dragster leave with both wheels in the air :p

and them things leave hard!!! until that movie i had never seen a jr dragster leave with both wheels in the air :p
And those were the MEANEST sounding Briggs and Stratton engines I have ever heard! My lawn mower sure don't sound that good! Course that was probably still when they had Cagnazzi power in the Jrs........

And those were the MEANEST sounding Briggs and Stratton engines I have ever heard! My lawn mower sure don't sound that good! Course that was probably still when they had Cagnazzi power in the Jrs........

if my lawn mower sounded like that i could prolly finish up in 7-10 minutes

a new record!!!

My wifey is hooked on that show so I sat with her last night before Buzzz and Paul brought over a movie and I caught it. I'm surprised nobody mentioned how they used "Biff" from back to the future as her father almost as if they were trying to depict John Force with a daughter or something. My favorite miscue was how she needed to catch her opponent so she just shifted a bunch more and pressed the loud pedal down more? Why don't we think of this stuff?

Yea, I was watching with a couple of friends. I started laughing when the numbers came up on the board, but they had no clue why I was laughing. Wasn't expecting that SC car to go 300. I may have to build one of those after all!!!

My wifey is hooked on that show so I sat with her last night before Buzzz and Paul brought over a movie and I caught it. I'm surprised nobody mentioned how they used "Biff" from back to the future as her father almost as if they were trying to depict John Force with a daughter or something. My favorite miscue was how she needed to catch her opponent so she just shifted a bunch more and pressed the loud pedal down more? Why don't we think of this stuff?

Wow...I was so into all the things that were wrong with the dragster shots that I missed "Biff"...I mean I remember seeing him...just missed that it was the same actor.

Good catch!

Two things that should never mix. Racing story and Hollywood. The racing community just laughs knowing the absurdity of the story and the utter lack of reality. Similar to how I scoff at the spy/adventure movies where a guy is crawling thru an air duct. Working for a contractor that installs ductwork, I can tell you first-hand you would be shredded to ribbons if you ever tried to crawl thru a duct because of all the screws that penetrate the duct due to the hangers and reinforcing for something that's actually big enough where a human could be inside.

The racing scenes were bad alright, but can you imagine what medical doctors have to say about the show?

The racing scenes were bad alright, but can you imagine what medical doctors have to say about the show?
That's the weirdest thing . . .

. . . they research the medical information to the n-th degree so it will appeal to those in the medical profession. I know, my wife has been an RN for well over 30 years and she really gets into these shows because they aren't way off base. They hire a medical staff to insure some semblance of reality but they can't take the time to ask just one person who has ever owned a drag race car to insure they won't look like complete buffoons with their production?

Glad you brought this up Kathy. A couple weeks ago I was watching the CBS TV show NUMB3RS. The basic plot of the show was that some bystanders were killed in a (as they said) "Street Racing" accident. I must say that they did a fantastic job of dealing with this topic. They never once called it Drag Racing. In fact, they even mentioned NHRA. They said that one of the suspects in the crime had an alabi (SP). They said something like "this guy couldn't have been at the scene of the crime because he was racing at an NHRA sanctioned event at Pomona that weekend." They tried to get the point accross that Street Racing was frowned on and not really a safe or good idea. I was very pleased with the show and how Hollywood dealt with the problem.

Dave

Last edited:
Wow....sorry I missed that one. Someone actually got it right. That's pretty cool. :)

I'm all for "Hollywood" using drag racing in shows/movies....just as long as they get it right...otherwise don't bother!! We want stuff to help our sport....not misrepresent it.

Thanks Jenn.....I forgot that they put the shows up online.

Good....now I can show a few other racing friends of mine what I was telling them about.

:)

Thanks Jenn.....I forgot that they put the shows up online.

Good....now I can show a few other racing friends of mine what I was telling them about.

:)

I didn't know until I saw the article on NHRA.com and then stayed up way too late watching the old episodes that I've missed. :eek:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back