Hot Rod Magazine - 2 great Articles (1 Viewer)

Hot Rod Magazine is awesome.

The last few years it has really improved and is probably my favorite subscription.

Great stories and articles with a good mix of Drag Racing which shows that it hasn't forgot it's roots.

I posted a couple of years ago about how Hot Rod had really done a great make-over. I really enjoy it each month, and while drag racing is my favorite topic, this mag has become a cool mix of all things gearhead, with plenty of drag racing in the mix. The subscriptions are actually peanuts vs. newstand price, and I think we should all support the remaining print mags that support our interests. The online stuff is very cool, but you can't beat a print magazine, especially when heading to the "office". :D

I've been meaning to subscribe for years, so I just went to their site. Super deal, two years for $20! Wow, less than a buck an issue! I got almost all the way through the subscription thing... until I read the fine print. You have to pay with a credit card, you can't have them bill you. And they say in the fine print that, if you pay with a credit card, they will continue to bill your card for renewals until you call them up and tell them to stop.

Now, I've subscribed to a boatload of magazines over the years, and I know that you should NEVER do that. No one is hungrier than a magazine that's about to lose a subscriber. So never renew on the first request, or the second or third. Wait until your subscription is either dead or on life support. They will renew you for a fraction of what the first offers were.

I'm sure Hot Rod's auto-renewal isn't at anything close to $20 for 2 years, it's probably their worst possible deal. So I'm off to the newsstand to pull a subscription card from the latest issue. I'm sure I'll get the 2 years/$20, they'll happily send me a bill, and I'll get renewal on my terms. :)

Hot Rod is about the last auto magazine subscription I've held on to. Much, much improved from the '70s, '80s and '90s!

20 + year subscription, and you all are right, it is SO much worth reading again. There for awhile I 'd thumb through them and drop them off @ the DR's office, wasn't worth reading. Thankfully they got some folks in there that really made it worth while again.

my .02

Unk

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back