Historic announcement from JFR tomorrow! (1 Viewer)

I was very surprised to see Brittney's TF dragster without a canopy. John is always preaching safety of his funny cars. Its just hard to believe they wouldn't have this on her TF dragster. :confused:

Maybe they feel they don't need it, there is no way a guy like John Force with the whole safety stuff they have been a part of would put someone especially one of his kids in an unsafe car.

Maybe they feel they don't need it, there is no way a guy like John Force with the whole safety stuff they have been a part of would put someone especially one of his kids in an unsafe car.

As stated previously, the car will have a DSR canopy by the time Pomona rolls around.

Mitch

Am I missing something? Doesn't anyone on this board get it? Anybody reading this or any racing forum is most likely a diehard racer/fan. Press conferences like Force's aren't targeting us as much as everyone else. This is the first time in the history of JFR that a TF car will be fielded. First time a team will have 2 sisters competing in each of the fuel classes. There are probably more combinations of firsts, but I believe that covers it...

Am I missing something? Doesn't anyone on this board get it? Anybody reading this or any racing forum is most likely a diehard racer/fan. Press conferences like Force's aren't targeting us as much as everyone else. This is the first time in the history of JFR that a TF car will be fielded. First time a team will have 2 sisters competing in each of the fuel classes. There are probably more combinations of firsts, but I believe that covers it...

Couldn't agree more Nunzio! Some people just want to criticize everything!!

We get it, we're just sick of the over-hyping bullsh!t machine that is JFR and we're calling them out on it. There was nothing "historic" that took place, except maybe historic levels of JFR BS and hype.

If people want the ever yearned for mainstream media to pay attention to anything NHRA, then the PR departments have to do just this sort of thing. Fans that frequent sites like this one, could pretty easily determine what the press conference was going to be. There should be little surprise that there was no surprise.

Those canopies sure are ugly, they look out of proportion to the car. They remind me alot of the old larry bowers canopy car.

We get it, we're just sick of the over-hyping bullsh!t machine that is JFR and we're calling them out on it. There was nothing "historic" that took place, except maybe historic levels of JFR BS and hype.

I hear ya' Brent. But I think sometimes those of us close to the sport forget that the PR team's job is to, LITERALLY, create hype. And not to "us" but to the general "public". So they will spin it any way they can think of. It's their goal and their job.

But... I do hear ya'...

I hear ya' Brent. But I think sometimes those of us close to the sport forget that the PR team's job is to, LITERALLY, create hype. And not to "us" but to the general "public". So they will spin it any way they can think of. It's their goal and their job.

But... I do hear ya'...
Exactly.

But... I do hear ya'...

But the punch line is they actualy believe they're own hype...........That is a sign of true insanity.............according to the Late Hunter S.Thompson.

But... I do hear ya'...

The "general public" never comes close to hearing about this. Drag racing gets about zero coverage in the mass media except for fatalities. These flack storms make sponsors happy and feed the sport's press.

OH... and sites like this.

The good thing about this is that if she does win, she'll have done it all on her own since there are no other Force cars opposite her to:

Take your pick

a. Mysteriously smoke the tires
b. Mysteriously red light
c. Mysteriously cross the centerline
d. Mysteriously pick the wrong lane even though they have lane choice
e. Mysteriously get a terrible reaction time against her

Sorry, but I"m really tired of the Force juggernaut not letting the drivers and crew chiefs win races based on their talent and ability, not who needs the points the most. Race to the finish, let the best car win, period. No more stupid games.

The good thing about this is that if she does win, she'll have done it all on her own since there are no other Force cars opposite her to:

Take your pick

a. Mysteriously smoke the tires
b. Mysteriously red light
c. Mysteriously cross the centerline
d. Mysteriously pick the wrong lane even though they have lane choice
e. Mysteriously get a terrible reaction time against her

Sorry, but I"m really tired of the Force juggernaut not letting the drivers and crew chiefs win races based on their talent and ability, not who needs the points the most. Race to the finish, let the best car win, period. No more stupid games.

Huh, I knew Robert Hight years before He was even an employee of Johns', just like Zippy, and Tony.
Eric, I knew him when He was a baby, I saved Adra from drowning in the Boise River when she was only 14 years old.
I have pictures of My daughter Cami playing sqirtguns with Ashley at Indy in 89' when I worked for Roland Leongs Deal.

There is a certain amount of "TEAM RULES" invovled Thats why they call it a TEAM, you want to see the driver take one for the team, follow F1, or Indy, or even though they will never admit it Nascar .

The talent at JFR is staggering.........And I am not a fan........these are My friends.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back