Hey Alan, Jim Head... (1 Viewer)

Percboy

Nitro Member
Alan you said you talked to Jim for a couple hours yesterday. I`m sure you talked about much more pressing
and somber things that you will comment on when you can, but can you clue me (us) in on why Jim hasn`t landed a major sponsor?
With his numbers this year , you`d think it would have got the attention of somebody (whats Joe the Camel doing lately? :))

Jim should be in the Drag hall of fame for his innovations and I`m glad he seems to have found the setup here recently.
Hope he can get a event win or two this year.
Thanks for any info, Alan.

I think that slogan is posted more times a week than "Where's Skuza? What's he up to lately?" ;)

Sucks that Jim gets no tv interviews after round wins. Makes it to the semi's and no iterview? Hope he makes the chase this year. I like the way his car looks with no sponsor. I don't think sponsors will keep him from competing
if that was the case he would have been out of racing a long time ago.
Thats cool he is helping out jr todds team also.

I am happy to see Head doing so well. I do miss the wild paint scheme that he had last year, though.

I think I read somewhere that this year he was going to go with a more conventional approach to racing to try and qualify for The Chase for the NEXTEL Cup. Moving away from his "experimental" ways or racing in the past.

I love seeing Head go rounds and was really bummed at Indy when he crossed the centerline in the semi's.

Geez guys, ease up on the "poor Jim don't no air time" whine. He had an entire feature shot on safety issues this week, it's not like we never see him. If he continues to run well we'll see plenty of his smiling face.

From my sources Jim has gone back to the basics. In the past he was way into experimenting w/ many different parts every run. Jim has always been one of the best mechanics/leaders out there.
Jim does not need to qualify in order to feed himself.
Last time I spoke w/ him he mentioned that if someone came to him w/ money and a fuel funny car license he would vacate the seat in a heartbeat.
He is way into the mechanics/hence the mechanical engineering degree, and on the sponsor subject, the Camel Joe Deal cannot be involved in auto racing.
And I think Jim is very particular on the actual sponsor has he would not sell himself short for a couple of bucks like some teams do just to be out there.

Jim Head is tops!

I actually like the car that he runs that is all C/F that has his logo in red on the hood and doors. That's a sharp ride if you ask me.

DLB

Jerry....I stand corrected!! Hows the season looking for you guys Jerry?
Have a good one...

Sucks that Jim gets no tv interviews after round wins. Makes it to the semi's and no iterview? Hope he makes the chase this year. I like the way his car looks with no sponsor. I don't think sponsors will keep him from competing
if that was the case he would have been out of racing a long time ago.
Thats cool he is helping out jr todds team also.

I don't know Jim well, but I can tell you this....With what he spends on his fuel car every year, in proportion to his income, that is like you and I going out for a steak at Applebees 23 times per year....He builds HUGE bridges for the U.S. Government, and I believe, if memory serves me correctly, that he mentioned he does a lot of work for the military, as well, but don't quote me on that....

Don't worry, these fuel car expenses do NOT AT ALL cramp his style...lol

Hows the season looking for you guys Jerry?

I ran I/8 mile tracks with my T/F car in the early '70s and with Gilbertson in '91 with his F/C. Now Jack tried it at IHRA. Had mag problems all weekend ,but still made second round. The thing would only rev-up to 7400 at the hit.
Funding is very tight so we don't know about more national events, but match race dates are looking better.

I had hoped to have my '67 Garlits car ready for Columbus, still looking for some parts , so maybe next year.

Doc has the '78 Arrow mounted on the Telstar , the Youngblood design paint job is next.:cool: I need to build a couple of motors when the snow melts in Minnesota. We plan to run it later this summer.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back