Herbert Loses Crew Chief (1 Viewer)

Doug is an excellent driver and this is just one of those slumps that they will come out of. They just need to find the right glue to make it stick.

Now, did anyone else have something good to say about Doug?

About his performance??? .. not a chance.... great he is a heck of a nice guy but after the first race of the season he is changing tuners? I'm sorry but this seem like very bad team mgmt and with the history of tuners that have been in that gauntlet ...it reads like the who's who of crew chiefs ....

great he is a nice guy .. they usually finish last ....

About his performance??? .. not a chance.... great he is a heck of a nice guy but after the first race of the season he is changing tuners? I'm sorry but this seem like very bad team mgmt and with the history of tuners that have been in that gauntlet ...it reads like the who's who of crew chiefs ....

great he is a nice guy .. they usually finish last ....

After the Pomona debacle what would you do? Wait another 3 races and miss the 8 team cut later in the season? This way he gives the team it's best chance at the end of the season.

If I were Doug I'd be awful tired of the carnage. I wish him nothing but well, in a tough situation.

Kuch had 3 races as the tuner of that car....are u sayin that because of an apparent clutch malfunction that he needed to be axed immediately.......I agree that Doug is a terrific person, but why does that automatically mean he is an easy person to WORK with??? i don't see one post on here that disparages Doug's character

Last edited:
Kuch had 3 races as the tuner of that car....are u sayin that because of an apparent clutch malfunction that he needed to be axed immediately.......I agree that Doug is a terrific person, but why does that automatically mean he is an easy person to WORK with??? i don't see one post on here that disparages Doug's character

Forget about the character issue for a second. How do you know that the circumstances surrounding Kuch's dismissal was limited to the clutch malfunction? I'd gather that whatever the parameters of the disagreement, the bottom line was a lack of performance and, diverse philosphies with regards to how to achieve said performance.

Brissette doesn't seem to mind Doug, he's been around him for years.

Back to character, based soley on Herberts' last 5 races, do you think Shoe would be easy to WORK with? How about Force or Bernstein? :eek:

Last edited:
how was that a backhanded compliment or a disparaging remark......all i did was ask a question....why just because some people are questioning a move does it mean that they are trying to make some one look bad, or being mean spirited, etc...

i believe that force and coil went 2 years without getting a race win, and bernstein also has had his struggles

Nice try Mike. ;)

Force was learning how to win, not Coil, during their struggles and, neither Force nor Bernstein were stumbling and grenading at the rate Herbert is. Even so, do you honestly believe either was easier to work with? More patient, maybe, but easier?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back