Herbert Loses Crew Chief (1 Viewer)

It's not like Doug hasn't had his share of ugly luck in the past few years. I wish him and his championship quest all the luck in the world. They are going to need it to knock off the tuner under the umbrella?

It's not like Doug hasn't had his share of ugly luck in the past few years. I wish him and his championship quest all the luck in the world. They are going to need it to knock off the tuner under the umbrella?

He can't seem to capture that momentum he had a couple of seasons ago (at the end of the season with Dupuy). SOMETHING is wrong over there. I hope Brissette can do it but I have some doubts.

This has to be a joke. Herbert has had Brissette either in charge or in a supporting role several times before. I would guess there was no one willing to take the job given that teams recent history.

Herbert is starting to be as bad as Cruz. We should start calling him "Terminator" instead of "Dougzilla"!:p

You each have your right to such negative comments but I'll tell you about the Doug Herbert I know.
* He often does more for our servicemen and women than the Army team does.
* He personally gave a lot of time and effort to help out with Wayne's rehabilitation without regard for what the future was to ultimately bring.
* He singlehandedly nurtured the Billy Williams and his family after his devastating accident.
* He flew Billy home to be hospitalized near family in his personal jet.
* He still forwards, years later, all PROCEEDS-not profits from the sales of one of the most popular shirts on the circuit today-the Dougzilla shirts to continue the support of the Williams' family.
* He's included the Williams' family in his own as he's traveled many times on the circuit as a friendly gesture.
* He does an awful lot behind the scenes for a lot of folks without seeking praise.
* He runs one of the best performance parts companies in a very personal manner that gives me no other choice than to deal with them first. (tens of thousands of dollars per year, most years from us alone and we're nobody's)
* He's proved to be durable based upon the past few years' return on investment of his time, energy, money by hanging in there and continually trying new things and personnel in an attempt to represent his sponsors well.
* He's gone out of his way to befriend myself and my family as fans to the point that I consider him a friend.
* I could go on, but I believe the point I'm making is that if you put any of us under the microscope then broadcast our misfortunes on the internet for all to spew, we may actually look worse than we wanted to.

When you start your own top fuel team, win a bunch of IHRA championships and compete at the top of the highest level in the NHRA, you will probably be scrutinized for good and for bad. For your sakes, I hope the good outweighs the bad.
Now, did anyone else have something good to say about Doug?

Doug is a fine person. Thats a given. What I have been wondering for many years now is why he has not had more success in the nhra. Lots of $$$, lots of talent around him, and success and experience as a driver. I know that doesn't necessarily add up to a championship or even winning one race a year. But, he really hasn't won many rounds in the last few years. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Doug was way cool with my son and daughter at the test... BTW, DOC, you aren't a nobody, your a wannabe... ;)

I respect the heck out of Doug!
There's been many more of those good things said about his generosity than has been problems he's had.
I also know Wayne and he too is a stand up guy.
Whatever is going on isn't my business and I wish him all the luck in pursuit of that championship.
Disagreements happen even among family so why should racing be any different.

I'll tell you why Dougzilla hasn't won more rounds. He doesn't have Alan Johnson tuning his ride!

Doug seems like a pretty cool dude. I wish he could get it figured out, and get more competitive.

Doug is a fine person. Thats a given. What I have been wondering for many years now is why he has not had more success in the nhra. Lots of $$$, lots of talent around him, and success and experience as a driver. I know that doesn't necessarily add up to a championship or even winning one race a year. But, he really hasn't won many rounds in the last few years. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Doc - Barry has some very valid points. It's hard to understand how some fuel teams find the "chemistry" quickly - Walsh/Todd/Tuttle is a very good example.
And other teams with all of the experience, talent and resources stuggle - Kloeber/Millican/Knoll (I think) would be the other side.

I have a huge amount of respect for everything Doug has accomplished, but it appears to me that teams where the crew chief is allowed to be in total control are much more successful. JMHO

Now, did anyone else have something good to say about Doug?

I think you forgot the fact that he's very active in his kids live's NOW. Including boy scouts, riding, and racing. I like reading his blogs and finding out about his kids experiences.

I think he's also an Eagle Scout, which according to one of my friends at UNM, that's a big accomplishment for as a young man.

Doug is, in fact, an Eagle scout. All three of my sons and two of my three sons-in-law achieved the rank of Eagle as well.

Doug is one of the good guy's of this sport and I would love to see him win a championship! :)
For what ever the reason is, he is trying to do just that win a championship.
The road to success involves a lot of cross roads, keep that in mind...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back