Help & prayers needed (1 Viewer)

ProStockJunkie

Nitro Member
I just got this email from my friends Debbie & Roy in Texas. Mary Harralson is Roy's younger sister. A couple of years ago, both of Roy's parents were killed in an automobile accident. This family has been touched by tragedy again.

Hi Jackee
Mary is Roy's little sister. Please pray for them. Mikal, (his name is Michael but that is how his name is spelled) is their adopted grandson. Debbie

http://www.heralddemocrat.com/articles/2006/08/24/local_news/news05.txt

Family gets help after fire destroys home By Mary Jane Farmer

Herald Democrat Friends, neighbors and a church are working to help the Ken Harralson family start over. Ken, Mary and their 8-year-old grandson, Mikal, lost their home and all their belongings Monday evening when their house and shed burned to the ground.

The Harralson home on Janice Drive, in the Grandpappy Point area, caught fire and was burning when Denison fire trucks arrived. Even with help from several other agencies, they weren’t able to save the house. “It was gone when we got there,” Denison Assistant Fire Chief Don Coley said at the time.

The family escaped to safety, and now have only the clothes they wore at the time, said Jerry Spralding, of the Morton Street Church of Christ, which the Harralsons attend.

An account is set up in the Harralsons’ name at Landmark Bank in Denison for cash donations. Donations can be mailed to Landmark Bank, 2820 W. FM 120, Denison TX 75020, or brought to any area branch.

Sralding said the Harralsons had no insurance and are, “in desperate need of help.”
They are currently staying with their daughter in her Preston Shores home.

Wednesday morning, the Bargain Box in Denison provided the family with immediate clothing needs and the church made it possible for them to obtain the personal necessities, such as toothbrushes and shampoo.

Because of the close quarters the family is now sharing, the Morton Street Church of Christ has made available a room to accept other donations, such as furniture or appliances, although this is a temporary situation, Spralding said. They’ve already received a microwave.

Because of the Bargain Box’s clothing donations, there’s not an immediate need for clothing, but the family wears the following sizes:

Mikel, a student at Lane School, wears an 8 slim pant, an 8-10 medium shirt, and size 11/2 tennis shoe.

Ken wears a 36 waist-36 length pant, an XL shirt, and a size 13 shoe.

Mary wears a 10-12 size dress, medium pant, large shirt, and a size 51/2 shoe.

The family is also getting a cell phone and will provide the phone number as soon as it is available for those who want to contact them, but all donations should be taken to the Morton Street Church of Christ.

I forgot to add, please keep all of them in your prayers.

For some reason, I can no longer edit one of my posts. The first time it happened was yesterday. I make the correction and hit the edit button and get hung up. Anyone else have this problem? It will let me highlight and add a color, but not add anything to the text

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back