Heartland Park Update (1 Viewer)

CJDeeds

Nitro Member
Interested to see what the community thinks about this major change for Heartland Park. http://cjonline.com/sports/auto-rac...-parts-ways-general-manager-turns-drag-racing I hope that everything turns out okay. However, I am disappointed to see Todd Stephens leave, I had the opportunity to meet with him in January and it seemed like he had a vision for the track and was doing the work to make it a success. The timing is especially odd, considering that the first test and tune is scheduled for this weekend.

not knowing either todd or scott personally, can't help but think scott and his wife laura will do great things at HP.
best wishes to them and the future of the facility. IMO in years to come the city of topeka will be very glad they didn't let
this facility turn to pasture.

not knowing either todd or scott personally, can't help but think scott and his wife laura will do great things at HP.
best wishes to them and the future of the facility. IMO in years to come the city of topeka will be very glad they didn't let
this facility turn to pasture.

HPT is in an industrial area (right by an airport), so I could see it going to commercial development before it goes to pasture. But I take your meaning, so excuse my pedantry.

They did a very good job with Cordova over the years. I wish they still owned it and ran it because IRG is trying their best to run it into the ground. I think they'll do just fine at HPT. :)

never been there, only heard and read about HPT......and......i have no idea how BIR comes out financially......but, BIR added a section of road course a few years back and now holds road and drag races simultaneously; an idea i could easily see HPT pursuing.

Mike, unfortunately with the way HPT was setup- running drag and road races simultaneously is impossible. The tracks intersect.

Brent, I hope that you are right. Schedule wise, Todd set it up for success but I wonder if the change in leadership was due to the fact that the track is more of a mess than anyone realized. Infrastructure was allowed to go by the wayside for far too long, it'll require a lot of work to get it back up to where it needs to be.

never been there, only heard and read about HPT......and......i have no idea how BIR comes out financially......but, BIR added a section of road course a few years back and now holds road and drag races simultaneously; an idea i could easily see HPT pursuing.

Mike, unfortunately with the way HPT was setup- running drag and road races simultaneously is impossible. The tracks intersect.
Re-read what Mike said. BIR changed the road course. They didn't just Intersect at BIR, the road course used the entire drag strip and shut down area as the main strait for the road course. Now, they can run drags and road course at the same time. By looking at the Topeka lay out, it would be very easy to do.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back