HBD (1 Viewer)

Thanks for the good wishes. When it comes to birthdays this one will be remembered for a long time.

I decided to skip the traditional O'dark 30 flight and sleep in a couple of hours. Then had a delayed flight, missed connection, got home too late for my planned Happy Hour, so dinner is Taco Bell and a Bud.

I'm just going to reschedule, maybe celebrate Saturday night in Epping......

Alan

Thanks for the good wishes. When it comes to birthdays this one will be remembered for a long time.

I decided to skip the traditional O'dark 30 flight and sleep in a couple of hours. Then had a delayed flight, missed connection, got home too late for my planned Happy Hour, so dinner is Taco Bell and a Bud.

I'm just going to reschedule, maybe celebrate Saturday night in Epping......

Alan
Perfect. I'll buy you a beer in Epping and you can tell me about train hunting

I found the Ghost Trains a couple of years ago. Looking for the next adventure.....

Alan

Attachments

• Trains 3.jpg
    Trains 3.jpg
    7.3 MB · Views: 56
I found the Ghost Trains a couple of years ago. Looking for the next adventure.....

Alan
Alan
I was working for my company in Takoma wa, years ago. On Saturday I went to the 5 mile drive there they have a free history museum of trains. I was walking around enjoying the site's. and I pasted a group of people who were trying to unlock a SUV, I thought they were ok, but when I pasted by later I heard the owner (MGR) say well I guess I will have to go too Seattle an get my spare keys. I said can I help. the manager said everyone else had tried with the SLIM JIM go ahead. I bent it an BANG open. the group asked if I stole cars for a living LOL. the Manager gave me a personal tour an let me drive a propane converted locomotive through the mountains what a blast.

PS: Never under estimate what a drag racer can do.

Larry Sutton---Lions Starter🤠

I like mechanical marvels. Especially old stuff that was made before all the technology came in. Radial airplane engines, steam locomotives and steam ship engines being favorites. The steam powered pumping station in Boston is another one. When I heard about the Ghost Trains I wanted to find them and see them in person. That started a five years adventure. The Northern Maine Woods are spectacular. I saw more moose and bears than people everytime I was out there, but I did finally find them

. I rarely drive past a train or vintage aircraft museum without stopping.

Alan
If you're interested....

We have 2 active train lines in AZ. The Verde Cyn Railroad in Clarkdale (by Cottonwood) & the Grand Cyn Railway in Williams. Both are fun to ride, might hit the wallet some.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back