Hanna's New Jet dragster (1 Viewer)

Speaking of Jets, this happened at my local track on the weekend just gone...

Raw Footage: LUCKY ESCAPE - YouTube

The engine was reported to have come forward in the impact of the crash hitting the back of the roll cage. So this new Hanna design may just serve a purpose. I don't like the idea though, and having read the article it really isn't all about safety, but more so efficiency. Eh.

Mike

Last edited:
Al Hanna has always been the Pioneer of Evolving Jet Car Racing. Whether it be with his Eastern Raider with the driver in the center, Trying to get Jet Racing to be a Legit Racing category by his involvement with ProJet. His UltraTeams Drag Racing Concept in the mid 90s, now taking the Queen of Diamonds and evolving that just like the Eastern Raider 20 years ago.

Originally Posted by Jay Eshbach

Craig Arfons had one of those side drivers 30+ years ago.

Yeah, Arfons gang had a double side drive car. Didn't end up too good for that news anchor from Texas, or the people standing down there when it crashed.

Wrong Arfons the beast that crashed at Texas was Art. Craig ran a jet dragster in the 80's that looked similar to Hanna's new car. It looked like a conventional dragster with sidecar.

Originally Posted by Jay Eshbach

Craig Arfons had one of those side drivers 30+ years ago.

Wrong Arfons the beast that crashed at Texas was Art. Craig ran a jet dragster in the 80's that looked similar to Hanna's new car. It looked like a conventional dragster with sidecar.

Terry;
First you said I am wrong, then said I am right. Are you confused?

Terry;
First you said I am wrong, then said I am right. Are you confused?

Sorry Jay, originally I copied both quotes and pasted it, Then tried to erase it and must of missed erasing your quote.

Craig Arfons had the one that looks sort of like Hanna's ( I do not remember if it had 2 seats I think it did not)

The car that crashed at Dallas was Art Arfons, different car from Craigs

Craigs car didn't have a passenger seat. It was very small. When he was at OCIR with it, he told me he was having trouble staging it. It was so light that as he would run th engine up, without afterburner, it would slide it right through the stage beams with the brakes locked.

I thought the car that Art crashed was the Cyclops. He had taken many people for rides in it, including Ivo.

As a kid growing up we used to hit all of the tractor pulls at the county fairs ... Art Arfon's Green Monster with 2 Helicopter jet engines was always a crowd pleaser.

As a kid growing up we used to hit all of the tractor pulls at the county fairs ... Art Arfon's Green Monster with 2 Helicopter jet engines was always a crowd pleaser.

I would've loved to seen that!!!!
Jets in general are always a crowd pleaser. They always put a big fat smile on my face!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back