Grant Downing in the final (1 Viewer)

Randy

Nitro Member
I just spoke to Grant Downing on the phone right after the FC final was shut down due to rain as the pair was pulling up to stage. He is having a lot of fun, as you can imagine, being in his first funny car final and all.

FWIW: Grant's career best is a 4.900 at 315 MPH, not the 5.367 as reported on Drag Race Central.

Grant sends his best wishes and prayers to Dale Creasy, Jr. who was air lifted to the hospital and is in surgery after the reverser in Creasy's car exploded in the semi final, sending pieces into his legs.

Good luck tomorrow, Grant!

You are correct - if we had a racing radio Ash would have shut our boy down so he could coast over the line instead of pulling left when the number 3 and 5 cylinders went out simultaneously. Just another thing to add to the shopping list!

Big congrats to the entire Silver Fern Racing team. Even though I haven't seen Grant in years (!) I'm betting he's still the hardest working guy out there.

And the car looks great too... Drag Race Central | Presented by Summitracing.com

Kinda funny; we passed his trailer last Monday on the Baker grade as we were heading to Vegas for some R & R. I incorrectly assumed that he had one of Del's cars in his trailer heading towards Denver for some final assembly. Edmonton never entered my mind!

Congrats again Downings!

Where can i get my Silver Fern Racing T shirt??:D hopefully he will be running INDY!:)
Great job Grant and team!

grant downing is awesome...the guy is so funny too. Hope he gets back to another Final and doesnt get that bad luck again real damn soon.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back