Gatornationals so far (1 Viewer)

J. S.

Nitro Member
It's great having an NHRA National event to follow after such a long off-season. I'm sure we have all missed our drag racing starting at the usual times and locations at the beginning of the year. I have really enjoyed following the results on Drag Race Central as I always have. It's too bad we still have just 2 qualifying sessions for the Pro's but I get the reason. I sure hope we can get back to 4 Pro qualifying sessions (2 on Fri and 2 on Sat) but it's not likely to happen until the purses and round money get back to where they were in 2019 (and they weren't very good then). It's also very good to see the Pro classes with more than full fields, including some newcomers.

I have been disappointed to see the low crowd turnout at the Gatornationals so far. Yes, we're "lucky" to have any crowds allowed at all, but this is in a state that has been pretty open for months. Is the low turnout due to government or NHRA restrictions, or is there just not much fan interest?

I was there today, seemed like an awful lot of people. There were people in the stands all the way to the end of the grandstands on the pit side. Plus, there were really long lines at all the food vendors, all day. Each pro class had more cars than spots. All in all, given what the last year has been like, I’d say it’s been a good start.

Nunzio: That's good to hear. I have seen the internet pictures from yesterday and the crowd looked pretty thin, so that's why I commented on the crowd issue.

Where there limits on the number of fans, that you are aware of? And did fans have to wear a mask?

Today the stands looked packed. I would say there was no restriction on ticket sales. Also, this race had 3 pro qualifying sessions.

Paul: Thanks for the heads-up on 3 qualifiers for the Pro's. I was asleep at the switch after session #2 thinking that was it. Great to see at least 3 Pro sessions.

Today the stands looked packed. I would say there was no restriction on ticket sales. Also, this race had 3 pro qualifying sessions.
I thought there was 4 they ran one late last night but hell getting old a bitch my adding may not be as good as use to be lol

Just scrolled through the Fri/Sat/Sun photo galleries on www.nhra.com and the crowds certainly looked healthy.

Unless there's a fierce Covid outbreak to follow, it's a promising sign for all of us worldwide.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back