Baker ready to repeat at Gatornationals (1 Viewer)

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (March 11, 2009) -- Pro Mod driver Joe Baker left his mark on the Gatornationals last year, walking in as a first-timer in Pro Mod Challenge competition and taking the win. The Lend America/Matco Tools-sponsored driver is anxious to repeat his accomplishment this weekend in front of his family and friends as the Get Screened America Pro Mod Challenge presented by ProCare Rx opens the season at the ACDelco NHRA Gatornationals at Gainesville Raceway.

"Florida is home, and this track has obviously been good to me, so I'm excited to get out on that quarter-mile and bring out the Chuck Ford [Baker's Crew Chief and tuner] power," Baker said.

"The cars coming to Gainesville this weekend are really the best of the best, and I know that Chuck has been working hard all winter long to assure that we'll have what it takes to get into the winner's circle.

"Everyone is going to have to bring their 'A' game to this race - and all of them this season, because there won't be any easy rounds," Baker said.

Ford said, "We worked a lot on the car's set-up to be sure we can get the power to the ground, so I'm pretty sure Joe will have a great hot rod this weekend."

Qualifying is scheduled to begin Friday with sessions at 1:30 and 4:30 p.m., and conclude at 1:30 p.m. Saturday. Eliminations are scheduled begin at 4:30 Saturday evening and conclude Sunday.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back