Gary Densham joins forces with Mike Ashley (1 Viewer)

farmje

Nitro Member
CLICK HERE FOR THE STORY FROM NHRA.COM

..."Funny Car veteran Gary Densham will make a concerted run at the POWERade championship in 2007 with increased sponsorship from Evan Knoll and his Torco Race Fuels brand, as well as an alliance with Funny Car racer Mike Ashley and Top Fuel teammates-to-be Morgan Lucas and Melanie Troxel."

So Lucas, Troxel, Ashley & Densham are a full team now? Saweeeeet.

I'm so happy for Gary Densham. That guy has worked his butt off for this opportunity. Best of luck to Team Knoll!

This is really good news for me. I've always been a huge fan of Gary's, and it's great to see him get some more help.

I remember when he first hooked up with John, I told my friends that I always thought he'd be dangerous if he got some decent funds and parts, and I was right. He finally got his first Wally, plus seven more. In addition, he was always a threat when he lined up against you in the other lane.

He had a couple of lean years after leaving the Force team. Don't get me wrong. I'm glad Racebricks stepped up and helped him out, or he'd have been forced from the tour entirely, possibly for good. And I thank them for that. But this new situation is a win-win for everyone. Gary gets more money and tuning information, making him more consistant, and more of a threat on Sunday, and Racebricks will get more exposure when Gary sticks around longer on raceday. (And he will. You watch and see!):)

Go get 'em Gary!!!!

Last edited:
Congrats Teach, great news...

And Evan, Once more, THANK YOU

Question, where does this leave Big Jim and Ace Manzo in the Knoll/Lucas mix?

Now that will be a formidable team right there. As if the nitro classes weren't interesting enough ... man, can it be 2007, already? I think that if I can manage to ignore the new points system, it's going to be a fun season. And who knows what else might happen in the next month or so...it could get better.

That sure is awesome news, talked with Gary and his wife Joanne after the race on the Sunday at Pomona such a great couple, I'm really glad they've got another break, they'll make some noise next year :)

I asked Gary and Joanne about a spot on the team and Joanne said "We have a job going, but I am not taking you away from teaching, you're going to make a great teacher, that's what you're going to do, you can come work on these in your time off"

If you ever come across this forum Joanne, thanks for your kind words, and congrats on the new deal.

Mike

This is great news for Gary and the rest of his team! I hope they do well next year. :)

If you ever come across this forum Joanne, thanks for your kind words, and congrats on the new deal.

Mike

Joanne used to post on here from time to time before the changeover this past summer. Not sure if she re-registered but I'm sure she'll see this.

CLICK HERE FOR THE STORY FROM NHRA.COM

..."Funny Car veteran Gary Densham will make a concerted run at the POWERade championship in 2007 with increased sponsorship from Evan Knoll and his Torco Race Fuels brand, as well as an alliance with Funny Car racer Mike Ashley and Top Fuel teammates-to-be Morgan Lucas and Melanie Troxel."

So Lucas, Troxel, Ashley & Densham are a full team now? Saweeeeet.

I'm so happy for Gary Densham. That guy has worked his butt off for this opportunity. Best of luck to Team Knoll!
Let's hope that between the Torco and Lucas money he gets a decent budget to work with. He got the weenie from AAA and Force and he certainly is a decent guy and not a bad driver.

We are excited and looking forward to working with Gary and his team. There is no doubt that Gary is a class act and a great veteran driver. Look for lots of exciting news from our camp coming soon... We are looking to come out strong. :) Happy Thanksgiving.... For more info see my post in the other thread that says Douglas will be tuning my car (obviously someone made a big Mistake).

Thanks Mike , I've been a fan for a long time. As for an opinion about Gary just ask Force , he practically raised him. LOL
But Mike you an Evan may have to pony up some big bucks as Gary may be designing a huge BBQ pit that will need its own Semi to pull it.
But don't despair as the more he cooks the more he wins which ain't a bad deal either.
Just hope he hasn't consulted Jarrod as he is into really big.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back