Fox,please hire Alan Reinhart. (1 Viewer)

And I'd like to see those of you that gripe about the slip ups in the current booth- slip on the headsets and call a round of racing; not as easy as it seems...

Can fox tv either pick up the track audio feed or just hire Alan Reinhart to do the national events please.Even if they keep Dave Reiff is fine but Reinhart is by far the best announcer ever.And a super classy guy when you meet and chat with him.

He does the pro categories at all the national events he won’t have time to do the broadcast to!
Alan also does the Drag Boat races on Mav TV.
I think Alan is up there with Steve Evans but a man can only be in one place at a time.

I remember Steve Evans. Still miss his announcing. Man he knew soooo much. Really gave a lot of "color" when he announced. What I hated was that he died in a hotel room. I really think the stress of travelling got to him. He announced all kinds of motor sports. Remember swamp buggies? But his heart was with drag racing and it was a great loss to the sport. Steve, when it's my time to pull the chute, I wanna see you at the top end Bro. By the way, I think the drag strip in Heaven will look like Lions.
Yes Cliff sad ending for a great announcer.

Bruno still races. Having him in the booth or the pits is more of an exception, rather than the norm. He’s on TV only when he’s not behind the wheel.
That being said, I would much prefer him in the booth than anybody else currently out there.
As far as Steve Evans or Big Mac, they set the bar really high. I don’t think anybody will ever come close to being anywhere as good as they were.
Other way around...he's behind the wheel when he's not on TV :)

Brian Lohnes does an excellent job when he’s in the booth.
In my opinion, Brian sounds like Jon Lundberg to my ear. Everytime I hear his voice on the television, I do a triple take.

Brian was/is part of the ECTA also. And now, the Motor Trend family of television programs. He probably needs a breather here and there.

Some times I find early '90's TAD/TAFC shows on YouTube, just to hear and see Steve Evans, Dave McClellan, Alan Reinhart and Bob Frey. What a great combo!

In current time, Alan Reinhart, Brian Lohnes, and Mike Dunn can not be beat. They are the dream team, if you will.

I enjoyed this thread partly because of the way in which the "newer" people here -- and by that I only mean those who have been witnessing drag racing in more recent times, rather than since, say, the Sixties -- are in complete support of the current announcers at the exclusion of all others. It's like being a football fan and failing or being unable to recognize the greatness of those who came before the current crop of greats. Is Ezekiel Elliott "better" than the late Walter Payton? Right now it's a matter of opinion. When his career ends then we can legitimately compare Elliott to Payton. With that said it's grossly unfair to compare Alan Reinhart to Dave McClelland to Steve Evans, Bob Frey or the great Jon Lundberg. Each speaks in a different manner, has different vocal tones and uses different "sayings," but that doesn't make one better than another. It's all in the manner in which we hear it. Styles change and, whether we like it or not, politics also enters into things. Say the "wrong" thing over the PA and your national event career is going to be severely curtailed. Don't believe that? Some years back an incredibly accomplished and polished professional behind the mic was working a pre-season event when a red F/C came to the line billed as a "Buick."
(Darn. Now you know who I'm referring to.) Anyway, the announcer had the audacity to say, "Well, that doesn't look like any Buick I've ever seen." Moments later an NHRA official burst into the announcing deck to say, "We can't have you talking about our World Champion that way." The announcer in question never worked another NHRA race. But pardon me, has ANYONE -- EVER -- seen a Buick that looked like that one?

Jon Asher
Senior Editor
DragRacingEdge.com
CompetitionPlus.com

I'm going to date myself and add ABC's, Bill Flemming, to the list of great announcers. He did a great job covering drag racing for Wide World of Sports.

I agree with the comment about NHRA All Access and being able to listen to Reinhart. Never tire of his work.

While I hope it doesn't happy very soon, some day we'll all enjoy Jack Beckman in the booth.

Never thought about it until you just mentioned it, but Fast Jack would be awesome in the booth. However, like you also said, he still has a lot of driving left to do and he's very good at it.

I enjoyed this thread partly because of the way in which the "newer" people here -- and by that I only mean those who have been witnessing drag racing in more recent times, rather than since, say, the Sixties -- are in complete support of the current announcers at the exclusion of all others. It's like being a football fan and failing or being unable to recognize the greatness of those who came before the current crop of greats. Is Ezekiel Elliott "better" than the late Walter Payton? Right now it's a matter of opinion. When his career ends then we can legitimately compare Elliott to Payton. With that said it's grossly unfair to compare Alan Reinhart to Dave McClelland to Steve Evans, Bob Frey or the great Jon Lundberg. Each speaks in a different manner, has different vocal tones and uses different "sayings," but that doesn't make one better than another. It's all in the manner in which we hear it. Styles change and, whether we like it or not, politics also enters into things. Say the "wrong" thing over the PA and your national event career is going to be severely curtailed. Don't believe that? Some years back an incredibly accomplished and polished professional behind the mic was working a pre-season event when a red F/C came to the line billed as a "Buick."
(Darn. Now you know who I'm referring to.) Anyway, the announcer had the audacity to say, "Well, that doesn't look like any Buick I've ever seen." Moments later an NHRA official burst into the announcing deck to say, "We can't have you talking about our World Champion that way." The announcer in question never worked another NHRA race. But pardon me, has ANYONE -- EVER -- seen a Buick that looked like that one?

Jon Asher
Senior Editor
DragRacingEdge.com
CompetitionPlus.com

Who was that, Jon?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back